Register now to get rid of these ads!

South Tacoma Alley Rally August 8th and 9th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coopdevill65, Jan 29, 2008.

1. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

Just wanted to invite everyone to the inaugural SOUTH TACOMA ALLEY RALLY! Its in Tacoma Washington on August 8th and 9th 2008. The event will have a horsepower challenge on a dynometer, a burnout contest, a bikini contest, and a small but loud cackle-fest.This isnt your sit in a chair car show...everyone will have something to do!! O yeah did I mention there is a awsome bar with live music both nights?! Here is the flyer , there is also a myspace page for it too. myspace.com/southtacomaalleyrally hope everyone can make it!! feel free to write or call with any questions!! 253-223-3330 [​IMG]

2. Wow, that's planning ahead. Sooo, when is Hotrodarama? It's close to that weekend, if not the same.

3. old beet

old beet

I smell a Rumble!!!..................OLDBEET

4. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Hotrod-a-rama is the first weekend in August. Aug 1&2
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat speed Emp.

5. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

with that said...there are going to be two great shows right in a row!! so why not hang out in tacoma for a couple of weeks?!

6. 272sedan

272sedan

wow you wouldnt know there was even going to be a hot rod arama this year, they never update thier site and I have sent 8 emails to see about a show this year and none were answered, my buddy got the same results, if there is one this year hopefully they will be true to the original vision as last year and years past there were alot of cars that did not meet there posted requirements, the henry j last year comes to mind almost full billet. oh well enough ranting this new show looks great well be there.

7. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

Strange I don't even remember a Henry J being there. I guess I wasn't looking for one.
    Paul

8. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

good to hear that you are coming to the show!! we are very excited about this and wish everyone to come!

9. Yep ! Hotrod-a-rama is the first weekend in Aug. just like Ironbuyer has stated, so make sure you mark your calender boys and girls, should be great like always !

10. Cool, thanks for posting Steve. Tacoma will never be the same! Two weekends of greasers, thugs and rockabillies take over the town!:D

EDIT: Oh, and I just remembered the Shelton Dragstrip re-union is right around that time too. If I recall last year it was the week after Hotrodarama. I just looked at their site and it is down, so not sure about this year. But possibly 3 weeks in a row!!!! I might as well buy a house down there for summer when you add the GoodGuys show in late July :D

11. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

I will ask Walt when i go back to work tomarrow when shelton is this year. he is bringing the twin engine car to our show and is trying to get the first funny car done also.

12. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

We are in the process of updating the web site that is the reason for nothing being on there. Our site was managed by a friend in New York and now it is out here. There will be info on there soon. As far as the Henry J, we try as hard as we can to keep the guidlines but I guess there will always be that guy who bitches!
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emp

13. 272sedan

272sedan

hey ironbuyer my intent wasnt so much a bitch as I was trying to understand why preregistered cars had to send along a photo for you guys to deem worthy or not and then there were all these street rods there and cool customs outside because there was no more room. as far as the show it was bitchen last year especially the bands

14. CGkidd

CGkidd

I know that Steve and the other Mischief Makers worked there asses off at the show and tried to turn away as many of the billet crowd as possible. The Henry J snuck in and parked then went and did his registration before anyone could catch him. I do know there were quite a few mullet mobiles turned away.

15. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

We turned away over 50 plus cars last year. We try hard to be sticklers to what we want to see. We should stop talking on this post. This post is for the Tacoma Alley Rally and lets try to keep it to that. I will start a post for the Hotrodarama here in the next week. Thanks Guys
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emp.

16. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

Thanks Steve, im tryin real hard to make this show good. I have some big shoes to fill following your show. I just want there to be a good couple of weeks of pure hot rod for the summer.

So what does everyone think about the Alley Rally? Lets hear some thoughts and opinons!!

17. 272sedan

272sedan

this is shaping up to be the best summer nhra nw nationals, billet proof nw, hot rod arama, south tacoma, then bonneville to top it off

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll have to miss that one, I'm taking my sailboat to Port Townsend that weekend. Then leave for Bonneville on the following Friday if things go right.

19. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

So what are the requirements? What kind of cars are being kicked? Or does it have to do with the people drivin the cars?

20. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Hey let us know what kind of help you need. I think it would be great for you to promote your show at Hotrodarama. As I have told Alan from Billetproof the more the better. We need more traditional shows up here. Thanks and talk to you soon.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emp.

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

DITTO.....gonna be a great year for shows here in the NW......

I think the Alley behind Pro-Max is a good spot....should be fun!

22. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

cool might have to check this out thanks for posting

23. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

Steve, id love to promote my show at hotrod a rama! i take my vacation every year just for your show! i think the only help i need from you guys is some real cars to get to my show!

24. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

i talked with walt and he dosent know if they are going to do a shelton reunion this year. so i guess everyon might as well come on down to tacoma!

25. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! we aquired more room for the show! so everyone come on down!!

26. Randy Bradford

Randy Bradford

I would be pleased to bring the Bradfords AA/FA fiat. Give me a call
    360-651-1313

Randy

27. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

i would love for you to bring the car down!! we have some other vintage dragsters and your car would be perfect!!

28. will try to bring the 49 Ford business coupe ! maybe the 59 Plymouth wagon Hmm?

29. sadayo

sadayo

Bummer, I'll probably miss it, since I'll be flying across the states for a car show and gathering in Michigan that weekend.