Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage South Park (Pittsburgh PA) swap meet April 7

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Mar 29, 2013.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

C.A.R.S sponsored auto parts swap meet Allegheny County Fairgrounds South Park (Pittsburgh South Hills) 3 Buildings Free Admission All Indoor Spaces sold out. Starts at 8AM

What do you have to lose....it's free !

2. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Might have to make that one. Have'nt been to South Park in a gazillion years.

3. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Like I said, what have you got to lose except the gas....I'm in the bottom big building with the clock on...seeing you there will be just like Canfield !!
    Traditionally this sin't a bad show for buyers....lot's of garage cleaners leads to alot of bargains...I don;t sell much in movies there but have been going for over 25 years and it's 2 miles from home, can't afford NOT to sell there

4. Flop

Flop

see ya there !

5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

We hope to come out for the meet,Bob! Hope to see you there!

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

well, i'll be there sellin parts to help feed my kids. Ranuculous, bring money. i ain't tradin' for beer no more.

7. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

NOW WAIT A MINUTE...you mean to tell me I'm giving Beer to Ranunculus and he's turning around and trading it for parts?? No wonder every meet I go to he "consumes" a thirty pac and never gets drunk !!

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Fellas,fellas! That's a nasty(belch) rumor started(belch) by my competitors!
    Haa haa,hope to see you fellars soon(with beers and dullahs both!)

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

60 degrees and sunny on sunday....looks like a crowd with the weather being nice

10. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

11. Pgh_Stan

Pgh_Stan

I will be there selling in building 3 just inside door on left side first 3 spots. Same spots I have had for about 8 years. Good show lots nice people. Ray Ford and the CARS guys are good bunch of guys.

12. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Ya I have been there forever too Stan....to be a nice day Sunday...should be packed till noon then deserted by 1:00 Pm like always. I wish there were more swaps closer to Pgh....Canfield is great, Parts A Rama sucks....too bad there isn't more out in Washington or Westmoreland Counties....one or two day indoor/outdoor swaps

13. Pgh_Stan

Pgh_Stan

Bob you did describe it right, most people there are cleaning out garage and can get some good deals. Lots of old timers there to BS and tire kickers but after 1:00 ghost town. Best thing about this swap is when I pull in to unload in morning before I get out of the truck someone will have the back of the truck open digging through boxes asking me how much it is before I put it on table. Free labor!!

14. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

It's amazing how many bargain hunters this event brings in....if you have stuff that has laid around the garage for 20 years and you have never used it...this is the place to sell it. While on the other end of the scale....if you are a buyer, this is a great place to find crap that you can resell in 3 weeks at Carlisle and make money...and make good money on. Or leave it lay around YOUR garage
    I sell DVD car movies at about 25 events a year, I don;t need a brinks truck after this event is over to haul home the cash....but this event is 1/2 mile from my house, and $15.00 a spot....how can you lose? Almost no gas, no motel, a couple $1.,50 hotdogs and you come home with a few hundred to take the wife to dinner....win/win

15. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

1/2 mile from your house?
    You got beer in the fridge in case you run out at the swap meet? Sweeeeeet!

Coming home with money to take the wife out...you serious?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Tell you what Ranunculous.....I'll leave the garage door open (Fridge in the garage has 2 fresh cases) and I'll head east and take YOUR wife out to dinner !!