Register now to get rid of these ads!

South dakota newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS, Oct 3, 2008.

1. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

Hi, my name is Scott, I'm from Watertown and I am addicted to old cars (aint it great). I've been hanging around here for a while now and think I have another addiction now (aint this place great). I've got a couple of projects going on in the shop now, the first one is a '30 ford coupe, it started out pretty rough, the back half was cut off and was being used as a pickup, but its starting to look like a hot rod now, I chopped it 6", the floor was rotted away so I am working on channeling it over a new frame, suicided the doors and have added a '36 ford dash with older SW gauges, plans call for a 292 y-block and a 5 speed,solid wheels and bias ply tires, and an original style vinyl top. The second project that has been neglected way too long is a '55 ford f100 "Kustom" I chopped it 6", channeled it 4", put a Volare front clip on (not sure it was the right choice now, but it was done a few years ago, so we'll see what happens), added a '59 impala dash, and '65 t-bird seats and am working on some ideas on the box now. The third project is a '50 merc I traded some work for, this car is going to need a boatload of work to revive. The top was chopped off years ago, somebody had the same dream as I do, but I have the parts, I plan on chopping it anyway, so they started without me, but it sat rocker panel deep in the dirt for years so there's plenty of work to do on the bottom too, but the body is pretty straight and i have always wanted a merc and the price was right. And I have a '56 ford f-100 that I did a few years back, this one suprisingly is stock bodied with a Gibbon front end and a 351w, we put about 8,000 miles on it the first two years we had it on the road. As you can see the addiction is real,and I dont want to be cured. I just hope I can help spread it. the more old cars on the road the better, i hope to meet some of you at a car show,on the road or at a swapmeet and hope I can be of help to someone to keep their addiction alive.......I will post some pics of my projects soon (I need to get some better pics taken)

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS....because you shouldn't go broke having fun.

2. Velkommen! Nice to see more Sodak folks, for YEARS I was the only one on here...DOH!