Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Source for T5 Parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike51Merc, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I'm having trouble finding a source for T5 parts. Specifically I need a set of 0.63 overdrive gears for a 27 spline (GM) output unit. This OD set was used in the 1985 Camaro/Firebird transmission. Anybody have any leads for me?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Not sure I understand this question, you can buy T5 parts almost anywhere, both local and online. Is this some super rare part?

3. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Not super rare, but you can't walk into AutoZone or NAPA and ask for a set of T5 overdrive gears. Searching the net turned up lots of places to buy some common stuff, but not replacement gears. Most vendors for this kid of stuff only sell to jobbers.

4. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

I think what would help the most is to have the part numbers. There is an almost endless list of T5 parts suppliers but it is hard to wade through them without the part numbers you are needing.

6. EnglishJon

EnglishJon

Call Brian at S-K Speed on Long Island , he has more T5s than he knows what to do with and I dont think he will need part numbers to help you. 631 957 9427.