Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for paint codes/color names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Basic Profiler, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Basic Profiler

Basic Profiler

I'm working on a 1940 Chevy pickup restoration. Going all original since it has sentimental value being my grandfather purchased it and my dad now owns.

Anyway, I'm at a point were we're needing some paint codes or color name for the original paint color that the truck had. Does anyone have an internet source or other for locating original colors on vehicles?

I'm working with the Dupont paint system and the paint shop is telling me I need one or the other in order to get the correct color.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. Basic Profiler

Basic Profiler

Thanks Roothawg, I'll give them a try.

4. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

AutoColorLibrary.com is the internet site for a local (San Diego) auto paint supply house. I have had very good luck with these guys. One of the owners is a collector of paint chip cards from all years and for all models of automobiles. He has racks and racks of paint chip binders that he has collected over the years. If there is anything that I can do here locally to help out with your dealings with them please let me know, I'd be happy to pick something up from them and forward it to you or to go there and take some digital photos of their chip charts....

5. Basic Profiler

Basic Profiler

Sweet, thanks for the offer. Looks like I might be able to work off of what they have on their site.