Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Source for flathead coil and distributor brackets?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by daddio211, Nov 5, 2013.

1. daddio211

daddio211

Hey fellas, I'm trying to round up the final parts for my 8BA in my '50 Ford Shoebox.

I've searched around here and found ONE coil bracket that was listed 6 months ago, but it's been sold. Any help?

The top hole on my Offy head is for the distributor hold down clamp, the bottom two holes are for the coil bracket.

[​IMG]

As far as I can tell (called all the "typical suppliers") nobody is making them, and the Offy heads just use OE Ford parts. Any suggestions?

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got some spares. I sent you a PM.

3. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks Bob, just PM'ed you back!

4. daddio211

daddio211

Just had to share this with everyone:

Bob gave me a MORE than fair price on the parts I needed. I sent him that amount plus $15 to ship the stuff, knowing it would cost less than $10 to ship it. I told him to keep the change for the trouble.

Would you believe that turkey PayPal'ed me $8.00 this morning because he didn't spend the whole $15 for shipping?

Bob, you're alright but you're still in deep shit! Let me know how I can repay the favor!