Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for early Caddy adjustable rockers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hubnut, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Anyone? I know that Marcus has one, but how do I get ahold of him?

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

use early Studebaker V-8 rockers,the rocker shaft diameter is identical and they're 1.8 to 1 ratio.

3. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

For those of you that don't already know, rocker arms from a Studebaker OHV six are the same as the V8 rockers. I picked up an assembly from a six in excellent condition for $5 and compared them to some V8 arms I already had.

4. jonnycola

jonnycola

The aftermarket ones are impossible to find, but 53 studebaker v8 ones fit...

what year six cylinder ones will work

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I would say that any year OHV six rocker works. Studebaker was frugal about parts interchangeability, so I doubt that they ever changed the rockers on their six just for the sake of change. Since the arms have casting numbers on them, just compare any prospects to a V8 rocker and see if they match up. I'll look at the casting number later and post it.

6. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I tried to look it up for you, but my Hollander happened to not include Stude. WTF

7. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

i was reading about that,now we need 4 sets of 6 cyl. rockers so we can make 3 sets of V-8 rockers!