Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for 17-inch tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Jul 18, 2006.

1. stan292

stan292

No luck selling my 17-inch artillery wheels, so I'm thinkin' about having my hubs re-drilled to match the small bolt circle, and running them on the front of my altered.

Anyone know a good source for non-radial tires in that size? I'd need something good for at least 100 mph. Seems like there might be some 17-inch cycle tires available, but they would amost have to be radials - I'd think.

The current (and VERY old) tires are 5.15/5.25 'stones - and the wheels look to be about 4 1/4" to 4 1/2" wide.

Thanks -

2. MilesM

MilesM

Coker has a narrow 17" in there own brand. I need to order up a pair soon for my 36 Chevy front wheels.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Yeah, I've got some 17" artilleries and Coker has some pretty nice wide whites, plus they're not that expensive (like $120 each, about the same as a good set of 16" ply's) When I'm ready to mount my artilleries that's where I'm gonna get my tires. Plus, they support the HAMB like no other.