Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sorry, I ain't leavin' just yet...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Aug 9, 2010.

1. #### Great Googely Moogely !!! When I said that the other day I had know idea you needed a Laugh !!! Glad it all worked out. See you at the drags >>>>.

2. 18n57

18n57

Good to know what you have can be managed with some life style changes. Strokes don't really give you that option. Anyway, for what its worth I vow to drink a few more Coronas and if, HAMBers would unite, we might completely offset the drop in sales. Just a thought.........Good Luck 3WL

3. SKITTLES! NOOOOOOOOOOO! Not skittles!!!!! Say it isn't so,Larry! haha!

I had a scare like that once. Got a really bad chest pain,and freaked out! Turned out,I had pulled a muscle in my chest lifting weights the night before. My wife was going crazy...
    Glad(sort of..) that it wasn't a stroke. Hope everything goes well,Larry.

4. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

better stick around awhile longer...good news!

5. Babyearl

Babyearl

Good experienced advise,,
    Watch out for the fake sugar products (aspertame - high frutose corn syrup
    - blue bag stuff):eek:
    Sure glad you didn't have a stroke,, Stay well,, Babyearl

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

This world and the HAMB would NOT be the same without you brother.

Take care of yourself.... old-man :)

7. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Glad you are OK. A year ago I found out I was type 2 also. So far lost 30 pounds. Stopped eating M and Ms by the bag:(. I have one pill a day to take and feel much better. I am thinking about keep a record of my meals. Some days I just dont feel good. Take care of yourself control your diet and you will be fine.;)

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

One simple rule,.....

If it tastes BAD,.... Its GOOD for you,....,
    If it tastes GOOD,... .Its BAD for you ,.....
    Got that ?????

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

Sorry to hear this BUT I'm glad your taking care of it !

10. bigken

bigken

Dang man, scared me for a minute.....glad you got it figured out, and will be around to harass us some more.
    Cya next weekend.

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

glad its "only" this. While its not a good thing... it beats the alternative. :)

12. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

Dang, I WISH I had type 2 diabetes, I have had type 1 for about 18 years and it is no joke, you type 2 guys have it easy.
    Lose some weight by excercising, eat better and you will feel better and live longer!!!
    I wish you the best health!

13. nitro29

nitro29

Hey, Join the club!! I have had type 2 for several years, I now joke with a mate who has a badly broken bad and take heaps of pain killers that we are both a pair of drug F---ed!!! old Bastards So do not worry Just take it easy and look after your self GOOD LUCK Roger

14. Larry,sorry to hear about your problem but happy you are still around to joke about it,,,follow the doctors advice,,It's hard to give up the things you like to eat and drink but you can do it.

Plus you will fit in the lil' truck of yours a lot better also.:D HRP

15. mortecai

mortecai

Larry i been there done that got the t shirt. Type two diabetes is simply a life style change and things will readjust. My wife lost 85 pounds and she is no longer diebetic so hang in there and glad it wasn't something that isn't as easy to control.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

glad to hear you're alright man...

diet and exercise can negate the need for medicine. and watch some of them as once you start taking them getting off them can be tough.

17. kookee

kookee

My family has a history of Diabetes. Please take care of yourself. While the self-maintenance is a PITA, its potential degenerative effects can be brutal.

My uncle refused to accept it, drank beer and kept his Snickers habbit. He was blind in a year, dead in two.

18. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Larry.......

I am very happy to hear that you are good to go for a long while into the future........I am also a Type II Diabetic and have recently had to start shooting a drug called Victoza.......very easy to do and my blood sugar levels have dropped dramatically........I am also walking for at least a half hour every day, slowly losing weight and drinking a lot of water...........take care of yourself, my friend.......we want you around a lot more years!

Brucie

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

glad to hear you found out what it was...

golden years...yeah , right:rolleyes:

20. Weasel

Weasel

I haven't read all the posts but a year ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and, being terminally stubborn, my first reaction was 'this is not going to beat me - I am going to beat it'. Tthe doc told me it could be controlled or even reversed with diet and exercise. I went to nutrition classes, changed my eating habits and started exercising. Today I am no longer diabetic, have lost 30 lbs and feel great. I still watch what I eat but it has become second nature. Absolutely go to nutrition classes - it is something everybody should attend - diabetic or not and should be mandatory.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER

I happy to hear of your "better" news than what you 1st thought. I don't know ya well enough to be nice so here goes...TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! It's easy bro, really it is. A 1/2 hr on here is enough to remind any car freak that there's so much to live for. For me, I gave up ALL fast food except the occaisional pizza. I gave up ALL soda pop. Hate it now. Never was a big beer or liquor guy anyways so that was a no-brainer. I avoid all Chinese food too. So much garbage in it I bloat like I'm pregnant so another no-brainer. Fruits and nuts are better for all reasons and you'll look forward to eating healthy in less than a month. You're not "giving up" anything, you're becoming "free" of the things that hurt you. I did what I did to drop 25-30lbs due to a back condition...a fuckin BAD one. My dear departed Dad had that type of diabetes also and as stubborn as he was he got control of it. I drink water, coffee, and green tea. I eat oat bran 3 times a week. I crave the fruit and the tea and I truely feel better for it.

So, take care of yourself. You don't have to "give up" anything. The option is "giving up" on yourself. The HAMB needs your smart-assed remarks to keep it real. YOU OWE US!!

Seriously, I'm glad for ya that you can overcome this.

22. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

good to hear that you are going to be allright.

dad has type 2 also, but he has lost 80# so far and they have dropped over half his meds because of the weight loss.

-danny

23. Glad to hear it's not as bad as it could be. I just got the report from the butt camera and I'm glad to hear that it's ok up there. :p

I'm sorry to hear about the beer, that's gotta be rough.

24. Glad to hear you are now on the mend and it was not anything too serious or uncontrollable - take Highlander's and others advice as to your diet as they've done it and it works!

All the best to you!

25. NoSurf

NoSurf

Hey Bubba, I got a bottle of ice cold water with your name on it at the HAMB drags next week!!!

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

That sucks, but it's better than the other option. Glad to have you around!

27. 61TBird

61TBird

That's great to hear you have a good outlook and positive attitude about it.

I'm going to repeat what's been said,"Proper Diet and Exercise" are what is best.
    So pile on the Veggies,go for walks and stay away from the Crappy Beer!:D

28. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Good news that you're gonna stick around!

29. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

X2 for sure!