Register now to get rid of these ads!

sorry but another what is this worth thread 35 ford 5w

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lownslow, May 1, 2007.

1. lownslow

lownslow

my buddy picked a 100 % complete rust free 35 ford 5 window coupe today with ZERO rust anywhere.clean title and plates with the beverly hills ford dealer frames as well... no dents damage etc nearly flawless .... nice mohair interior ... ha s not run since 72 when it was parked in a garage . the car was totally garaged its whole life . the only negtive is that it is primered . not the og paint .....what would something like this be worth ?. especially when he gets it to run ....?

2. Could be alot of $$

Any pics??

3. lownslow

lownslow

should have some friday ..... he paid $8500 . i thought he got a good deal . i know had it been a 36 3 window it would be more but ....

4. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

whats up brother!

5. Wow...if they're good, the fenders are almost worth that much!!

Bryan

6. that is a good deal, i paid $5000 4 years ago for my '36 5w in pieces and liked it.

7. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

eh? ive never seen fenders anywhere near $8500... not even with a NOS grille.

got to be a good deal with no rust on it, cant be many of them about for that kind of money. get it painted, get it running and if he dont want it get it on ebay, once its running and stuff its got to be worth 15-20k?

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a good deal in my eyes! Can't wait to see some pics! Don't be putin' this up here and not givin' us a peak at the score!! ;)

I think a stock, unrestored 35 Ford coupe Deluxe probably goes for about $15K to $18K.

What sort of primer was put on this car and how was it applied? Just curious. Rattle can jobs usually make your life complicated when you go to repaint them (depending on how it was done). A quality professional job could make life EASIER for him.

9. California, my friend...$3-5 grand. Not saying that's not outrageous or even worth it.

I've been watching '35\36s for a couple of years in hopes of finding a deal...$8500 for a solid '35 is very good.

**EDIT: It's actually not a California thing as much as an Ebay thing. Probably why so many of these coupes have glass fenders.

Bryan

10. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

11. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

rusk im truly amazed at those figures - im glad i got mint fenders on both my cars....

lownslow wheres the pics :)

12. lownslow

lownslow

hopefully friday i will have pics ..... that is when the car gets dropped off at his house ......

13. metalman

metalman

Straight and rust free, complete ( I assume), it was a smokin' deal. Even in NM most the time all you find is junk for under 10k.

14. Retrorod

Retrorod

I paid $3200 for my '35 Tudor and almost had to shovel it onto the trailer to get it home......I actually bought a pile of rough sheet metal.