Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sorry, another "what would you give for it?" thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iFlip, Dec 11, 2012.

1. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

Been looking for something more HAMB-worthy latley and i've ran across a '55 Fairlane 4 door, and i'm stuck in between a rock and a hard spot.

The car has been repainted quite awhile back. Clear coat is peeling on the roof and upper part of the body, which isn't too big of a deal for me. Has one hole in the drivers door, and the paint is bubbling on the quarter. Needs both front door glass, and eventually a windshield. Otherwise it's solid

Motors and trans is believed to of never been rebuilt but it runs and drives good. All lights, etc work. Just a nice little driver that I plan to make into a mild custom.

They're asking $6500 for it, which seems kinda steep IMO. I know its hard to say, but what would yall offer for it based on not seeing any pictures? Really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. No photos?

That's Ok,,I don't think we need to see pictures of a car that in my opinion is way overpriced! HRP

3. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

Added the picture of it. However this photo makes it look much better.

4. What would I give for it? Nothing!

5. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i think he is about a grand to high. not a bad ride though.

6. DO NOT buy that car without seeing the bottom. People would save themselves so much money and grief if they would just put it on a hoist before you buy it! And yes that's too much money.

7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

$1000 - $1500

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

$4k, or less

9. Going by the photo,,,3K tops. HRP

10. Fenders

Fenders

$5K here in New England...... his asking price is not out of line but yah, look underneath.

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I'd say honestly there aren't many 4 doors out there worth 6K, thats about 2,500 to 3k around here.

12. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

6 cases of beer.... And a few bags of pork skins

13. deto

deto

3k. My lady paid 3k for her 54 mercury monterey 4 door.

14. You'd probably be paying that kinda loot for it over here, but bloody hard to say for sure.

15. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

16. slowmotion

slowmotion

$4K ish, tops here, as discribed.

17. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

Alrighty thanks. Guess the price I had in mind is about right. Anyone else want to chime in?

18. Squablow

Squablow

If the front engine crossmember and inner rockers/body mounts were solid, it'd bring that price around here, but this is Wisconsin, the land of rust. It does look nice in the picture, nice chrome and has WWW's.

19. Scumdog

Scumdog

IF it is sound I would pay $14,000 for it - but you would have to get it to NZ first!:D

20. I wouldnt touch it .... I would hold out for a two-door .... might be in worse shape but if I was prepared to pay ($6K) what it sounds like you are then Id find a decent two door.

21. Like others have posted.... $3-3.5 max!! I usually only go for 2drs. Looks clean but then again no telling until the car is right in front of you. If you are contemplating on getting it...please do yourself a favor and check out all the floor boards and under the car. Wouldn't hurt to pull the valve covers either.

22. 15gs in australia... as is....

23. Too much for a 4 door. $3500? IF it's real solid underneath.

24. Everything is triple...quadruple.... over seas! lol.

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$15,000 in Australia? Wow. That's it...I'm gettin' me a whole bunch of 55 gallon drums and float some cars over. Just all the 4 doors though.

26. I'll join in on that!

27. teejay99

teejay99

The hole in the door and bubbling paint tell you you have to look further before you even talk about money . I think it's overpriced for a 4 door , but if it was sound underneath , floor , trunk etc , I'd go 4-4500 .

T

28. my thoughts exactly, bubbling paint, peeling clear coat, rust hole in dirvers door, needs glass and drive train never touched. It is just a beater, while it may be fun to ride and drive it is nothing special.

29. Mercchev

Mercchev

30. fullsizejohn

fullsizejohn

Look at some of my pics in my album(crossmember). Unless its very solid, I wouldnt go over 2k.