Register now to get rid of these ads!

Soory,another "What's it worth?" thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

So,I'm contemplating selling the Ford FE motor and FMX trans in my Galaxie,and just wondering what I should price it at. I inspected the motor and it is a fresh build with absolutely no miles or fluids ran through it (Heads are clean enough to eat off of minus the "white" grease used during assembly,same with block and internals. The block has hardened valve seats,fresh build,Edelbrock 750 carb and Edelbrock Performer 390 intake,distributor with Pertronix ignitor unit,and a slew of other stuff that goes with it,also,it's mated to a rebuilt FMX trans with no miles on the rebuild.

I was thinking asking $1900 for it all with the Lokar FMX hight tech ytrans kick down cable kit. Is that too much to ask? The reason is because I found a motor and trans perfect for what I want,and I would have to come up with the cash from my motor sale plus a small difference for what the guy is asking.

2. Run it in the Classifieds. If you get responses, it's priced right. If not, it's too high. You know what you want for it, so advertise it, already!

3. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

FE's aren't a scarcity (sp?) yet so you would be looking for a buyer that wants exactly what you're selling. I personaly wouldn't touch a FMX trans and I know there are other people out there with the same opinion. I think you're pushing the value at $1,900. My guess is $1,500.

4. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I might be throwing in another FE with about 200 miles on the rebuild in with it.

5. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Play hell rebuilding one for that money.

6. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I might still get the brackets.

The heads are C6AE-R which are the poor mans CJ heads.

I want to sell these because I'm currently in negotiations with someone that has the correct year 390 and trans combo for my Galaxie. My Galaxie originally came with a 260 and 2 speed auto. This was a motor and trans swap since the 260 blew when the previous owner had it. He said he paid around $2500 for the motor and trans combo. I'm not going to try and ask that much.

7. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

It's up for sale in the classifieds.