Register now to get rid of these ads!

Soooooo..... Whatcha bringin'?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by CURIOUS RASH, Mar 21, 2007.

1. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I plan on bringing the coupe again. Right now it's still broke from the last time out in October. We've been working on other projects. I did strip all the lettering off over the winter. I kinda like it nekkid but it will get redone, just have to find someone willing to do it with a brush.

2. Domn8r

Domn8r
    from Helena, MO

Hope to have the bugs outta my coupe by then

Attached Files:

• side.jpg
      side.jpg
      File size:
      64.5 KB
      Views:
  3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Planning on my 64 wagon, got a new small block in it over the winter with 2 fours and an angry little cam, new muncie 4 speed and 355 posi. Still doesn't come off the line as good as I would like ( maybe cause it wieghs bout a million pounds ) so might look at a little deeper gear before august. Just make the drive down a little slower.
    If all else fails I will bring my roadster again, it put up some pretty respectable times last year. Gary

Attached Files:

4. Just some old coupe.

Attached Files:

5. Rodshop

Rodshop

The nailhead Dodge coupe again this year- looks the same but should run better with another year to sort out the carbs, etc Rodshop

Attached Files:

6. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Curious,

I'll be bringing our new HA/GR. I'm building a 321 inch GMC 6 with aluminum rods,13.5:1 JE pistons, Ported head (261cfm @ .600"), aluminum roller rockers, Custom built intake with 3 Rochester 2brl carbs, etc. I want to bring the HA/GR, E.T.& MPH records back to Kansas City with me.

I'll be tuning the engine on our DTS dyno so it should run pretty good.

See you on the starting line.

Ron

7. raven

raven

I will have the roadster finished by the Drags, so I plan on bringing it (unless it sells before hand) and the old truck with new tricks installed.
    r

8. thawkins

thawkins

Last year was the first time I had been to the HAMB Drags. I met Bob Hindman at Tulsa Raceway Park and he told me about MOKAN and the HAMB Drags. Two weeks later I showed up at MOKAN to watch. It was great, I took 120 pictures and looked at every car, most of them several times. So I went back home all excited and a few months later started building something to bring next time. I gathered up all my usable car parts and bought a few new ones. Got some steel and started cutting and welding. So far this is what I have. Still got a ways to go but I think I can make by August. Just want to make a few passes down the strip and see what happens.
    Tim

Attached Files:

• 119.jpg
      119.jpg
      File size:
      37.7 KB
      Views:
    • 122.jpg
      122.jpg
      File size:
      38.5 KB
      Views:
    • 125.jpg
      125.jpg
      File size:
      42.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Tim , The car is looking great. Hope you get it done . Gasserman

10. thawkins

thawkins

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your falcon......

Tim

11. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I don't know if this is a dumb question r what. I've never been to the HAMB drags, what kind of racing is it? Heads up, index, bracket?

12. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

The Mokan Morris will be back this year,
    ( the one that shookup the Studedude in front of the hotel
    on fri. night ) next time hold-on Rog. :D It's had an up grade,
    now with a glide, 5500 stall and a trans brake, if I can keep
    it together till then. :eek:

Roach

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

heads up... pure and simple run whatcha brung

14. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Awesome! I talked to some other HAMBers at the Zettle Bros. Bicycle build-off today. They told me a little more about it. I'm goin to try to bring the J.

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Ill be there with agent orange, switched to a 406 small block , havent run it yet but will if it aver quits raining......see ya there...

Attached Files:

16. Stubbywonder

Stubbywonder
    from Tuttle, Ok

If everything works out right I will be joining you guys for the first time... in this mutt.

Attached Files:

17. 38pickup

38pickup

Here is what I am bringin' my '38 ford pickup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ratso575

ratso575

animal and I have been saving gas money ! we are going to try and drive there , his 56`plymouth is ready to cruise , my 37` truck is getting there , waiting for my radiator ...... our first test trip is july 4th. to a small town 150 miles away , anual b.b.q. and fun day .............

Attached Files:

19. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Im getting closer and it looks soooooo good.

Attached Files:

20. Roothawg

Roothawg

Looks good man. Looks like your buddy is telling another story while your old man is working......

21. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Yep Dad has been working on this car alot since his 52 is done. I have been welding on the body and he has handled final assembly on the chassis. If things keep going this smooth we will make the august deadline no problem.

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

If you need any help, just holler.

23. Rand Man

Rand Man

I'll be bringing the HA/GR and the '57 Chevy again.

24. Unless something catastrophic or stupid happens, I'll be driving my '56 Plymouth. It's slow, with 2.92 gears, but I'll probably make a few embarrassing runs, just for the hell of it.:D

Attached Files:

25. Dirty2

Dirty2

I cant wait to see your car !!!

26. Thanks! We're going to try to make the Friday Fun Drags at Mokan to make a few passes before the drags, seeing as how I've never been on a dragstrip before. I need to at least get an idea of what to do before the Drags on Saturday.:D

27. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Me & the little lady will be cruising in in the 39 Plymouth again this year. I have solved a few issues that we had last year so I'm hopeing to break into the nineteens this year. :rolleyes: Fast is a relitive term, a slow ride is better then a fast walk (or leaving the broken ride home). Ain't that right Fiddy? :D Now watch me break something....:eek:

So, last year we already had a poker run with door prizes, and the Friday night BBQ arranged by now. Are these things going to happen again this year? Or did I miss something?

I gotta get a better picture of my car, jeees. Gene

Attached Files:

28. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

meanie face Gene :D

stickshift said you n the Mrs was s'posed to be @ the revival... mamma fiddy an i waited all day in gloomy sadness for you to no avail

29. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Fiddy, gloomy sadness? Wasn't zackly the story I heard.:p :D We were really planning on making the trip, as late as thursday night, but a whole pile of stuff happened at the last minute, just wasn't ment to be, I guess. We was really looking forward to seeing you guys again. We will be at the drags, baring a major disaster.

You guys plan on attending any other event between now and the Drags? Maybe we could get together. Gene

30. Main thing is me..............doesn't matter which car or any for that matter. I missed the drags last year..........never again!