Register now to get rid of these ads!

Soooooo..... Whatcha bringin'?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by CURIOUS RASH, Mar 21, 2007.

1. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Any new Ha/GR's going to make it this year?

Got a new ride you'll be sporting? I wanna hear about it.

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Nope not a new one BUT the old one now has a new Tranny and I'm Itchin to get Kustm52 in SLOW drag race and kick his ass.

B:eek:B

3. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

New slant six powered HA/GR, come hell or high water or some other catastrophic event.
    It will probably be the slowest one there, but I'll have fun being the slowest!!:eek:

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

Dont know yet...

Probably not the '28 this year, because the 327 that blew up on my to the Drags last year will go in something else once its rebuilt.
    (And the car it will go into is too new for the Drags...)

I'm working on my T... that might be done in time.

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I was with Hiboy32 last year - - - This year I am driving my '62 Galaxie (avatar) down there. I have to make it to the Roundup and back first, though!

I'll definitely be entering and racing. Right now it has a 390/auto, but I'm collecting parts to put either a 4 or 5 speed in it. The 390 is stock inside w/ a cam, Edelbrock intake and carb. 3.00 gears in it right now, but I have 3.70s that would work great with a 5 speed. We'll see!

Can't wait!

Malcolm

6. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Im bringing this.. The motor and trans mounts are done. The floors and trunk are almost done. The engine is running on the test stand and the trans looks clean inside. The rear end is in and the new springs are holdind the car up.
    Hell Im almost done, just a few more nuts and bolts and I will be on the road.
    Pooch

Attached Files:

7. guiseart

guiseart

,,,hopefully,,,

[​IMG]

200 sixer... probably won't make a run down the track but that would depend upon the beer pressure.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Same old crap.

Attached Files:

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Same old crap for me as well but hopefully weighting alittle heavier with a top and interior and running alittle better with a timing adjustment.......afterall I do have five full months to get my shit together.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just reading this thread, makes my heart pound..

The Model A is ready to go..The blower has perfect manners, so the drive shouldn't be any diffrent than usual. ET should be quicker though...

See ya, -Abone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

Abone-
    You suck. A dang blower.......now you DO need slicks,lol. Should I bring the Caddy-powered "T" or the six-banger Falcon? Hmmmmm.......

Chicken

12. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chicken,

Traction was always a problem with the old combination. I really don't know what the hell I'm going to do now..this thing makes monster power. Very scary.

Can you tow the T with the Falcon?

See you in August, -Abone.

13. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

Abone-

I think the Falcon would pull the T (brand spankin' new hot-rod 200 SIX in the bird) but it'd never ever stop it with those itty-bitty brakes,lol. Guess I'll have to use the truck.
    I'll bet that Pontiac has some bark now......think it's up to Cadillac racin? 'Course if I have to loan you my slicks only one of us can race at a time........and Hog Mtn Dave still wants a piece of me.......I'm gettin' skeered!
    Later-
    Chicken

14. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't just want a piece of you, I want the whole thing.

Just shittin ya. The car makes killer power, but has no hope of traction of any kind, so my timeslips won't look like yours.

Gonne be fun though...

See you in 5 months, -Abone.

15. Kurt

Kurt

The new digger for sure. Will be shiney and painted soon.

Attached Files:

16. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

My 54 F100 if the cubic $$ last and my furniture business sells furniture this summer.:confused:

The floorboards should be done this week and by the end of april I should be painting the cab.:cool:

17. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

insanity reigns. . .

i'll be rollin in this hooptie. anyone wanna bite off a piece of this one? LMAO

[​IMG]

18. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I really really really hope I can get my A sedan ready to at least go down the track! I believe flamedAbone and I may have a litte match set up? But if not I'll have my 29 RPU there, and if rain is in the picture, probably my ol' faithful Willys. Man I'm looking forward to this, I hope Mrs Trailer-Ed can go this year.

Attached Files:

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

I think yur cars are missin somethin out back. . . mebbe a chunk of cast aluminum for traction weight? hmmmmmm

i betcha Greezy's got a lil somethin that'd do the trick :cool: :D

20. We'll be there with GMC BUBBA's new HA/GR killer. I'm lookin forward to zipping down the 1/4 in the Krylon car as well. Should be a blast!

21. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Hope to have my `60 Falcon done to come . Still need to replace the roll bar for a roll cage . And get the straight axle finished,too. Gasserman

Attached Files:

22. Man I hope I have something there this year if is a 10 sec 55 Chevy or a 14 sec 55 Chevy or my 53 that we'll need a calendar for I just want to have something there......Now back to the shop !!!!!!!

23. ponchoman

ponchoman

I'm leaving the '55 at home this year and bringing my '63 Chevy SWB. Got the 350 in it, all the rust repair done, and by August it should be totally flat black. Also, should do a lot better in the 1/4 than the Poncho, this year anyhow. Next year, plan to have the 389 in it, for a return to the drags. :D

24. Greezy

Greezy

WOO HOO HAMB Drags talk always gets my blood pumping. I WILL be bringing this.
    [​IMG]

25. Rusty

Rusty

26. Dirty2

Dirty2

A different 32.

27. bigken

bigken

This thing should be making it's HAMB debut.........

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
  28. I'm bringin the old J-Bird. I lost the tranny a month ago but got a new 700R-4 today and will be installing ASAP. Dont know how it will affect the 4:56 gears I put in the rear. I'll be there any how.

Attached Files:

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

One good thing about having more than one "hot rod" is you can simply jump in the one that runs the best and drive it there...I'll be driving the Stude again this year...matter of fact, both cars in this pic will be there...
    R-
    [​IMG]

30. Be waiting to meet you 40STUDE, and all others. I hope to be leading the train up their from Georgia but if not I will be dragging the old drag car up as a loner! This is the only event I have committed to going to all year, no matter what happens!!!! I will be in the RAMADA Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!