Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sone info on a truck set near I- 81 in Pa.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOT40ROD, Mar 31, 2011.

1. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Looking of some info on a old truck near I- 81 south of Hazleton. I wish I had my camera.

I was heading south on I-81 just south of Hazleton we I was crossing a bridge of a small river. On the south bank of the river was and old truck with a wood box built on the back and looked to be a pump in the box with the intake still in the water. The front of the truck was facing away from my and it looked to be out of the later 30 early 40s.. The hood was missing on the truck. I looks like it been setting there a long time.

I was wondering if anyone know why it there or what the truck is. My first thought was it was a farmers truck and was using to pump water to the fields but I seen no farm land close by.

Next time I get up that way I am going to take the camera.

2. oldolds

oldolds

That is a pump truck. I think from the mines. Where it sits now is a semi private water conservation/ fishing club. They might use the pump for pumping water for projects on the property. It was part of Bonners junkyard.
    I haven't been in Bonners in years, used to be good for stuff into the late 50"s and up.

3. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Thanks oldolds

I must have been over that bridge 100 times and this week was the first time I seen it, Guess I got to look around more.