Register now to get rid of these ads!

Son of an old greaser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rprice76, Aug 5, 2011.

1. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

I'm 35, my dad would be 75. He graduated HS in 1954. He was into Hot Rods before it was cool. His first car was a 1936 Ford 2 Dr Sedan he "tore the fenders off and drove the wheels off of." Last he saw of it was just after he shoved an M-80 in the gas tank to see what would happen - and then towed it to a remote area in Az and pushed it into a ravine to see "what would happen." This was in about 1952-1953. We have TONS of pics of the cars dad had as a kid --- everything from a 1940 Ford Pickup with a 50's Corvette Engine in it - to a 1928 Model A Highboy (Now owned by Ryan Newman).

Dad was a greaser and racer in Tucson Az - a founding member of the "Low Rollers" in Tucson in the early 50's and also raced the "Modified Stock Car" circuit - or whatever it was called in the mid to late 50's. Was friends with Hank Arnold - helped him build his racers - and even later in the 60's (after being almost blinded in an accident) raced in the Baja 1000.

Dad passed in 1999 at 63 - and we have more pictures of cars he owned - than pictures of him in his 20's to 40's. Anyone else the son of an old "greaser?"

If I get a chance - I'll post pics I have...warning most are "before and after" pics - pics of the cars all done up and modified and tricked out - and then pics of it totaled in an accident....he was a lucky lucky man....:D

2. Welcome aboard!

3. 59ab

59ab

Good to have you aboard. Your dad and mine were a lot alike!

4. lunchboxscuff

lunchboxscuff
    from Ojai,ca

I think we would love to see all of his old cars! start a new thread and post some pics!

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yea , post up some pics !

My old man was more into old sportscars ... no pics here

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

My Pop wasn't a greaser, nor my Uncle or my Grandpop, but they were all hot rodders.

7. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome from Mn

8. Gator

Gator

Yeah, but were they " into Hot Rods before it was cool. " ??? :rolleyes: