Register now to get rid of these ads!

Somewhere on the side of the road in Georgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiat128, Dec 6, 2008.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Attached Files:

2. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

WOW !! Stop the car now !!

3. Is it Cleveland, Georgia? HRP

4. Thumper

Thumper

Hey !! Stay outta my yard !!!:mad:

5. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Yep, that's what they said. It's not your yard is it?:D

A freind of mine said he went by there trying to buy parts for a 49 Ford truck and the guy was a real dick. Was real high on his prices, basically didn't want to hear from them so he ran them off. He also said there's acres and acres of model As and 30s cars. There's a service station up there with better cars inside according to them.

It'll all end up in the scrappers sale when he dies probably.

6. chopperdonk

chopperdonk

I live about 20 miles from there the guy doesnt want to sell anything. the place is huge

7. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

So what the hell is he thinking he's going to do with it? Judging by the pickup bed full of rotted car batteries I belive you when you say he won't sell anything.

8. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

It's actually between Cleveland and Clarkesville, just across the Chattahoochee River in Habersham County. It's been that way for 30+ years. I think the old man died not long ago. One of his relatives has a metal recycling yard across the street. So you know where all that stuff will eventually go.

9. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

thats right outside the back door of my trailer. you shoulda seen it before i cleaned it up.
    dan

10. Squeezics

Squeezics
    from Hahira, GA

Hey Chopperdonk, who, what, where? Has the old cars and won't sell? Curious. Squeezics

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  11. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Like all the other jackass's "I am going to restore it someday" or "I'll let it rot before i sell it"

I remember talking to that guy some 20 years ago. :mad:

12. Squeezics

Squeezics
    from Hahira, GA

Anyone go to Moultrie a couple of weeks ago?

13. I got to walk through that 'yard' a few years ago, long story but ended up talking to the recycler across the road who is part owner. The father was the owner who passed away and left it to his son and son-in-laws. they aren't really car guys but do have an idea what's there. spent 5 hours walking, no, there aren't any A's left and almost no early 30's stuff. There are a handful of late 30's hulks, decent supply of 40-50 cars, and lots of 2 door 60's cars. Mint 62 impala SS still sitting on all 4 tires missing grill, hood, and one front fender. Complete desoto hemi, lots of chevelles...lots of 53-54 chevys...stuff like that. I was walking back to the recycling place and watched the guy that let us in drive away down the road. Waited around for him to come back...never showed, left a note to call me about some stuff...never heard back.
    It's in the mountains and there was a whole area the i never got to see because the other owner was building a house up there and i was told he'll be carrying a gun if i meet him...

Cool collection of cars, but i'm sure they won't be for sale or anything like that, sucks

14. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Yeah, I've seen alot of junk sink into the ground around here over the years. When I was in grammar school in the '50's there was a nice '40 coupe sitting next to an old barn. In High School he had built a pig lot around it, when I got out of the army it had rusted down about half way. When he died and left it to his kids there was just the top left... I asked him about selling it in the mid '60's he said "Son I couldn't sell that, it's worth a fortune".

15. That bunch of cars was five times the size a few years back but they widened the highway and every thing on that side was scrapped. Not much worth saving anymore. At one time you could drive a mile and there were cars and trucks back in the trees on both sides of the highway.
    If they ever pull an EPA report on that property, they will wish they had sold the cars.

16. 1959cac

1959cac

I was a Repo man for years, and had an order on his son across the street's Corvette...in '03?.......alot of Deep B.S. on that property ! I found that yard in 1985, B.S. then too.

17. theracedude

theracedude

i hope this link works for you. its that same lot but ignore the tractor pics. i have a home in cleveland and spent a hour talking to the guy. as others have said its owned buy the recycle guy. he was un friendly for a while but turned into a nice guy. said his dad owned the property and died. then the family started to see $$$$$ and got into a pissing match. he said he is trying to end up with the cars and the land on the road and the other family could take the rest. he may not be a car guy but i told him i love and build hotrods and he said he would sell me anything i wanted. i didnt ask about cars, just rims, carbs, etc. the link i sent is about 50 pics i took last week. i dont know if he will ever sell the cars.

UPDATE, i had to take the link away because it gave everyone full access to all of my pics and i dont think you want to see the pics of my sisters big tits. So if any one wants to see them(the cars) just send me a email and i will send you a private link. [email protected]

18. theracedude

theracedude

19. Racedude....

make good friends with him, get a phone number(PM me), and see if he's cool about others calling and making an appointment with him to dig around....there was some stuff i'd like to get if he's selling parts....

20. I have seen the Merc coupe many times because it is out close to the road. I have always wanted to rescue that car. I would love to go with you next time you go out if you want company.
    Thanks for taking the pictures.

21. theracedude

theracedude

my plan was once i moved there full time i wanted to go hang out with the guy and let him know i am not out to get him. he was very nervous and didnt trust me for the first 30 minutes or so. if i could ever make him understand that we are harmless and just love this stuff and will be more than happy to pay money for his treasures we would all win. if i ever got him to open up i will gladly invite everyone into the party, unless i hit the lotto and then i will buy all the cars and the land and keep it as a park. the deal is if you take something out of the park you must leave something for someone else to look at.

what a hippy!

22. Thumper

Thumper

Send pics of tits....please :D

23. theracedude

theracedude

i dont have a sister......sorry, i made that part up.

24. hemi

hemi

A lot of these guys don't really know what the stuff is worth, and if they do they add more to the price because they get tired of low-ballin' tire kickers who waste their time. Some of them have yards full of stuff but do not sell it because it is a bit of a status symbol. I can think of one guy with a field of 30's and 40's stuff and he told me that none of it is ever going anywhere but back into the ground. He just likes having it. He also has about 2,000 guns.... literally. They just pack rat stuff... by the time they get around to letting some of it go, the elements have taken their toll and the cars are much worse than when they brought them in there. A lot of these guys have missed their opportunity to make what they originally were worth because of rust. This is a damp climate with a lot of trees. 10 years will kill a new car if left unattended.

Sad, really....

25. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Beer can collectors board?

26. hemi

hemi

And on the subject of beer if anyone ever runs across a green 64oz Mickey's Malt Liquor bottle from the early 90s I have cash money... :D

27. Vic

Vic
    from Florida

My Mom grew up in Cleveland, Ga. and she now lives in Sautee, Ga. When I was a kid on Long Island, NY, we would visit my Grandparents in Cleveland every summer. When I was 16, in '65, my Uncle took me to that yard in search of a '46-'48 Ford Coupe. The guy wouldn't sell anything then either.

28. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

There used to be a yard like this down in Douglas Ga. , havent been down there in several years.

29. 067chevy

067chevy

Like to have that camper off of the KB binder.

30. Just like everyone else, go prepared to haul out cars, bring cash, don't be afraid to show it, and give them what they want. The difference between what you think it's worth and what they want for it is what their time is worth to deal with you. And if they're crazy enough to not care about making money, you probably don't want to be alone around them very long anyhow, unless the yard is full of $500 Duesenbergs and $750 Auburns I don't want to even remotely risk something out of Deliverance.