Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sometimes you have to take them apart to keep them going.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat ASS Whitewalls, May 12, 2010.

1. Pulled the motor and tranny today to do a valve job, and fix a stuck clutch. The clutch was stuck from sitting since the HAMB drags in 2008, I haven't driven it since then. I lost valve adjustment in #3 hole on the exhaust side, the valve seat went away, so the head had to come off. The motor and tranny hasn't been out in over 15 years. A good excuse to clean things up, and paint the motor and tranny. Hope to have it back together in a week or so, then I will be driving it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. I'll be looking for you at the NSRA Springfield show at the end of the month.

3. I should be there, but the car won't. I go down on Saturday just for the day. Usually go with a couple of friends. Dean

4. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Hope you get it back together soon it's driving season....

5. raven

raven

Good on ya.
    Now maybe you can get some miles on it.
    r

6. cool car. What kind of times did it turn at the strip? Just curious

7. Never made a full pass. I had lots of problems with it that weekend. I drove it to Joplin from Sedalia, but it went home on a trailer. Dean

8. lorodz

lorodz

is that a ford 2.0 or 2.3 if it is can you snap some close up pictures of the motor im using the same in my roadster just want to see how cool they look all dressed up

9. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

That's the German 2.0 o.h.c from the early Pinto's, and Capri's, a couple of easy ways to tell a (German) Pinto 2.0 from the Ranger 2.0 is that the valve cover on the Pinto has 10 bolts (it also has the "distinctive" stamped steel valve cover) while the Ranger 2.0 has 8 bolts just like the 2.3, annother difference is that the oil filter on the Pinto 2.0 is near the front of the block while the Ranger 2.0's is near the rear of the block like the 2.3's.

10. I'll post some pictures when I get the motor back together. Yes it's a 2.0 Pinto motor from 1972.

11. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Wow, I have very little to say but wow! That car is gorgeous. If you are still working on it I can't wait to see it done!!:eek:

12. Frank36

Frank36

I like your roadster. Wonder what you are run for a transmission. I picked up a 2.0 of the same vintage and am looking for transmission options.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  13. atch

atch

Dean,

I'm glad you're gettin' that thing on the road again. I love it.

Can't wait to see it under power again...

14. Tman

Tman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dean, always loved that little car.

15. I'm running the Pinto 4spd. You might be able to run a Ranger 5spd too. An automatic is an option too. Esslinger might be able to help you with questions. http://www.esslingeracing.com/home.htm
    Bear in mind that parts are getting hard to find for the 2.0, They only made them from 71 to 74. Dean

16. sololobo

sololobo

Good man, I will be pleased to see that super car back in action. Get registered for the drags and be there this year. Atta Boy!! ~Sololobo~

17. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I really like those motors. I had a VW Baja with a 2.0 on the back and it would fly. I had trouble once after a valve job where they replaced a valve seat. The engine shop did not cut the new seat enough and the valve spring bound. The motor was not to wild, a small 4 barrel, performance cam with a variable timing pulley, and headers, but it sure would turn the RPMs.

I like your car. Get her on the road.

John