Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sometimes i envy you California guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzznick, Nov 10, 2010.

1. fuzznick

fuzznick

This morning were one of those times:
    [​IMG]

2. firingorder1

firingorder1

Were you at Bonneville this year? You have a lot of salt on your truck.

3. 42 chevy

42 chevy

It is my turn tonight. I wish I was born rich instead of handsome, I would be a snowbird. I hate the snow more every year. You need a shop or some shelter for your truck, at least then you have something to do. We are supposed to get more this year and I hate to see it coming.

4. bummer! it's going to happen hear soon.

5. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Yah-can't believe ours is holding out as well!

6. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The problem with going south in winter is you can't work on your projects. We have a saying here " It's always sunny and 70 in the garage"

7. One of these days soon I'm gettin the hell out of this redneck burg and going south where it NEVER snows. Lost a brother-in-law last year due to heart attack shovelin 3 feet of that white sh*t!
    SC sounds mighty good!

8. tcat55371

tcat55371

You can have Cali, to hot for me. We havent had snow yet and it's been pretty nice so far. Have the cars put away in the barn already thou.

Up here you work on them in the garage thru the winter and drive all summer. :)

9. moter

moter

Its 65 and kinda foggy...going up to 75 today here in Austin!!:eek:

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I've lived in California for 60 years and I have no idea what you are talking about. So, please tell us all the details of this "laws and bs".....we're waiting.....

11. HRod 50

HRod 50

Is that a real picture? So what do you guys do when that happens? Day off from Work?

12. Displayman

Displayman

Were have 70 degrees and sunny.
    50 miles west of Chicago, Illinois
    Took the 65 GTO convert out for spin yesterday,
    then worked on the sno plow controls.
    Crazy for mid-November in the midwest!

Bob- Hampshire, illinois

13. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

The Carolinas get it once in a while. I'm right on the coast of NC and this was last year. Granted though, it did melt in a few days.

Attached Files:

14. pitman

pitman

Heh...

Attached Files:

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

holy moly, that looks like it would be fun!

16. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Ha HA Ha!!! :D

17. microwavemurder

microwavemurder
    from binghamton

Anybody from anywhere near binghamton newyork knows how bi-polar mother nature can be around here... last year in jan. we had a monday that was 50 degrees then by wed. there was 15 inchs of snow!:mad::mad::mad:

18. pitman

pitman

W/the HAMB-ers in these parts, maybe it IS a recent pic? :eek:
    Might be Winnipesaulkee...Trans: Smile of the Great Spirit

19. patman

patman

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaahaahhaaaahaha. Day off. Good one...

Nope, you just get up early so you can clear the snow out of the driveway. Oh, and then you have to clear the end of the driveway a second time after the plow truck goes down your road and plows you in. Then you can clear the snow off the car, and you're good to go.

Or, you take this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  20. tikistan

tikistan

Good luck with all the snow guys! Although it is a rough day here in California today because we have to wear long sleeve shirts until about 10 this morning. Now I am off to DMV, HA HA!

21. Mojo

Mojo

i'm from WV, and I don't miss that snow one bit. The almost constant blue skies get on my nerves to be honest though. There's not much seasonal change here in the desert, other than the tempature.

I don't know about laws about old cars and things. I drive a 67 ford, and all I have to do is pay registration. Back in WV, it would be yearly inspections, and salt eating it alive. Plus, I can drive 20 miles, and be in a area that's full of old cars sitting in people's yards. I have no money for said old cars... but still, there's lots of options around.

The only thing I don't like about CA, is that housing is really expensive.

22. fuzznick

fuzznick

Haha..i wish...wouldve been nice laying on the couch all day sitting this one out but no..have to work.
    And as far as garage goes i dont have one so i'll be working on the truck in the snow..but we are vikings here in Sweden so thats no problem :)

23. squirrel

squirrel

My ancestors were vikings in the Scandinavian snow, more recent ones moved to Minnesota so they'd feel at home. My folks were smart, they moved to Arizona when I was very young.

It was 26 here this morning, had to drain the water out of the bulldozer engine, but it should be a nice day in the 60s in a few hours.

24. Mojo, I agree about the housing prices being outrageous but there are a few other things that I could deal without like; overpopulation, the worst drivers, and IOU's instead of tax returns, I could go on but I'm starting to get bored with my own dribble of complaints.

25. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Thou shall not covet .....

26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I paid $38,000 for two houses here next to Pasadena. I still have them as part of my retirement...but $38K, expensive?....:)

27. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

It wonj't be long here in Indy. We are having some record temp weather right now but we will pay for it soon. I fired up the snow blower yesterday to make sure it was ready. I'd be a snow bird if I had the $. Snow and cold really sucks in my book.

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

well, you didn't catch my humor....too bad.
    I bought them in 1974, when that was the going rate. I was being, what I thought was amusing....
    Back then you could buy a nice house for $30K long before housing prices went nuts.
    I didn't buy meth labs or crack houses, just two nice modest houses in one of the safest and most desirable cities in Southern California, Sierra Madre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Madre,_California

why the crack house comment???

29. RPIERCE

RPIERCE
    from Alvin Tx

nice day here in texas! cloudy and supposed to be mid 60's all day! i NEVER see snow here. it's snowed 3 times in the past 25 years and it melts by the morning! ride and work all year long here guys! i'm still waiting on the explanation of laws in cali on old cars. i've heard they have a lot of rules and regs on them but never heard the truth from someone that lives there. please inform me cause cali could be my next resting stop!

30. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I've been diving hot rods for 43 years here in Southern California.
    I've never experienced any problems with registering a car with a valid pink slip and never had a problem with any vehicle codes or any other legal question what-so-ever....ever.
    Period.