Register now to get rid of these ads!

Somethibg a little different.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Black, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

I have a n idea but I cant not draw or use photoshop very well. My idea is to take a 48 or so chevy 3 window pickup and graft the front end of a 47 chevy car on to it. I took these pictures and did a cut and paste job and I think it looks good, but my scanner wont work. I like the overall look of the car front end better and the fenders are very similar but extend farther back. I would also do the same treatment to the rear fenders. I am not keen on the roadster idea but this picture wqas the right angle.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

Attached Files:

2. The guy who is repoppin that body style of trucks is just using that car grill on them and it look's pretty good. Just thoght I would give you heads up incase you havent seen it.

CBB

3. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

You have alink by any chance?:)

4. dt50chev

dt50chev

5. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

They just use the grill right? Im interested in the different shape of the hood and fenders mostly.:)

6. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Hey thanks thats what I was looking for. I would get rid of those door handles and mirrors though. I would like to see this un-roadstered if you ever get the time. Thanks again man.:D

7. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

8. Tulsa oldskool55

Tulsa oldskool55

Is this kida what ya wanted?I just did that kinda quick but hope it shows what ya wanted to see

Attached Files:

9. okay like this....just a quiky
    [​IMG]

10. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!! thanks.:D

11. classicfins

classicfins

I've seen one in person and that photoshop just about nails it. Sweet is right. The one I spotted was deep purple with pearl ghost flames.

classicfins

12. brewsir

brewsir

If you don't build it I am going to....damn that has some nice lines!!!!! I just scored a 49 5 window truck....Hmmmmm

13. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

14. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

OH ea I think it would look great with skirts also.:D

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

in real life you'd get into some weird stuff involving the fender/door/running board area. might have to use the rear of the truck fender.

prolly be easier to start with the car and put the back half of the truck cab on it, then the bed.

16. Your on to something here! This could be the correct way to do this one. In the photoshopped pics the front of the truck looks to fat in relationship to the cab and doors . The truck cowls were narrower than the passenger cars. Maybe someone can narrow the frt clip or widen the cowl area to bring things into proportion.

17. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Any one able to get measurements from one of these cars? I can get some measurements off my cab saturday. I figured the car would be narrower, just not sure how much.

18. TINGLER

TINGLER

When I clicked on this I thought, "OH NO...not another something different thread".

But that photoshop looks good. If you could pull it off to make it flow, I think it would be something cool.

Go for it.

19. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Then if I could find some guy to paint it on a shirt for me I would be set!!!! hahaha :D

20. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Does anyone know what other years share this same front end? I need to keep my eye open for a donor car.:)

21. banditomerc

banditomerc

stop the yapping and get busy!!!