Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Somernites Power Cruise 2015--Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TLB@HCG, Sep 21, 2015.

1. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

I always enjoy the Somernites Power Cruise deal, especially since they've started using Chattanooga, TN as one of the starting points. Cars leave the Coker Tire facility at 8am sharp and end up in Somerset, Kentucky by noon-ish. They go up highway 27 (no interstates, thank goodness) so I'll probably hop in line as they pass through Dayton. We always gain a bunch of cars through Harriman, Oneida an all the other towns that we pass through. It's a great drive, and I'm sure the other Power Cruise routes are cool too. Looks like I'll be driving an off topic car ('84 Buick Grand National) this year, as the Corvette is down for a camshaft and valve train swap. There is also a kickoff party Cruise In at Coker Tire starting at 5pm on Friday night. Free cookout, live music, pretty cool deal. The Friday night event is intended for the folks who are going on the Power Cruise the following day, but a few locals typically show up to hang out.

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

3. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

Ahh yeah, the date is pretty important isn't it? The kickoff party cruise in is Friday the 25th and the actual cruise to Kentucky is Saturday the 26th. Supposed to have close to 2,000 cars in Somerset on Saturday.