Register now to get rid of these ads!

Someone put a lot of work in this old custom chevy I found for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rathbone, Nov 1, 2006.

1. hilbillyjim1948

hilbillyjim1948
    from australia

i agree i think a mild chop and hood pancake could bring those lines into proportion,but still get rid of the continental kit its just plain ugly,caddy bumpers would look kool 2

2. Chad s

Chad s

Well sadly, that IS something that has historicaly been associated with east coast customs for a long time, since the mid 50's, especialy on "mild" customs. Its true, historicaly, more radical customs in from the east coast were often done in bad taste, but lets remember this, the scene hit here later than it did in California. By the mid-latter part of the 50's, there were grotesque customs coming from every part of the country, not just the east coast. Take the Barris Grecian for example.

But today, like you say, its a toss up. There are amazing designers all over the globe, and a whle lot more hacks equaly spread out as well.

3. PSYCHOMOTO

PSYCHOMOTO

NOW IM SUPPRISED .............ANY CUSTOM BUILDER KNOWS THAT THOSE ARE THE VERY RARE AND ELUSIVE LATE 80'S CHEVY CELEBRITY CAPS ,LIKELY FROM A FLEET CAR COMMONLY USED BY WELFARE FRAUD INVERSTIGATORS.

4. ray

ray
    from colorado

yeah, but i never said the car was WORTH 4 grand!:D with that custom work, i'd call it about a thousand dollar car at best judging from the pics.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

what the hell?

you guys are all wrong,
    that thing is beauty

I love it,
    the only thing wrong with any of those pictures is that the spare was just thrown in,
    it belongs on the rear mount, inclined to fit the flow of the rear deck

am I all fucked up?
    I love that car!

but,
    I must admit,
    my whole family is ugly
    and I love them too :)