Register now to get rid of these ads!

Someone new from Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Shitboxdodge, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

I think I finally found the right place. I spent 2 days on the Hawaii Association of Mortgage Brokers site after my friend told me I needed to get on the HAMB...:)

My name is Brooks and live north of Houston. My main hobbies are hunting, fishing and music (listening to / collecting not playing). I am currently working on my FIRST car related "project", a 54 Plymouth Savoy (230 and a Powerflite) with the main goal to get it in safe running condition so I can start enjoying / driving it. After that I will decide what direction i want to go with the car and hopefully put a good gameplan together.

I have already spent a lot of time looking through the forum and have found tons of great information. I figured it was about time I posted an Intro...especially before I made a post in one of the forums! I picked up that posting before an intro is frowned upon, among several other things. So, I also took note not to do the following in my intro...or in any ensuing posts.

- Post pictures of OT "previous projects" to show my skills...i do not yet have any skills so that was not a problem.
    - Mention my mini-truck building past...which I don't have so, again, not a problem.
    - Use the term "Rat Rod". I am still familiarizing myself with the acceptable nomenclature before I start posting.
    - Ask where to buy Mexican blankets "like the real hot rodders have". I know where to buy them and i am not going to say whether I have them or plan to have them just to avoid any conflict.

All kidding aside...this is a great site with some great members and has already helped me out a ton with my Plymouth.

One last thing...this is actually my first time to post anything on any type of forum so I hope it comes out ok and maybe at some point I will figure out how to put a signature and all the other stuff on here...

2. cracker head

cracker head

3. Welcome Brooks, great intro and good luck on your first project.

4. 61 apache

61 apache

howdy neighbor!

5. MissPrint

MissPrint

Heya from Austin!

6. Brad S.

Brad S.

Alright. No excuses.

We meet the first Sunday of every month at the Dark Horse on Washington in Houston.

No need to bring a hot rod. Hell....Richard D shows up to almost every event and he has yet to make any of his projects actually move under their own power. D

7. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

Nice to meet ya.

54 Plymouth? Now there's a coincidence. Here's what's in my driveway. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

vectorsolid...looks great. Mine looks like a lot more like the "before" than the "after".

Wait a minute...that is not the same car...one is a Plaza and one is a Belvedere :) Maybe when I am done I will have a Belvedere instead of a Savoy!

9. you done a great intro dude and its good to see someone actually took the time to do so ,,is you need some help with the works of the HAMB try this and search thru these posts till you find what you need..
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6
    welcome to the H.A.M.B. man!

10. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

Ones the parts car for the other. I might make the parts car a gasser or something. I like the 4-door stuff, it's cheaper to build, and I have to haul a family now and then. The wife finds it more "useable", which means I can build it without complaints. :)

11. I think you did a great intro - with a sense of humor to boot! Good luck with the project.

12. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

What time do ya'll meet up?

I most definitely won't have a car finished to drive anytime soon but I would like to come down and check it out!