Register now to get rid of these ads!

Someone just stole Larry Watson's Ranchero!! *update on page 7* FOUND!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eryk, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Just Jones

Just Jones

Thanks for spreading the word on this one, Eryk. If you hadn't posted this info here, the car may never have been recovered and the jackass tweakers would still be out there tweaking, most likely.

Well done, buddy.

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Great news! Crime doesn't pay! I'm so glad Larry's car was found and returned to it's rightful home.

3. Killer

Killer

awesome!

Anyone who knows Jr, tell him I have storage space available (for free) in Hesperia.

His Dads stuff can stay here as long as he needs it too. We will put a cover on it and lock it up until he feels like bringing it out.

J

4. Eryk

Eryk

Thats very cool of you!

Add this to the pretty substantial list of offers from solid people with solid resources who care about Larry, his legacy, and the material stuff he left behind.

5. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Good to hear it was recovered... Do you know who it was that spotted it and called the cops? They deserve some good recognition...

This unfortunately reminds of when my dad's O/T van got stolen in broad day light in front of his house! He called the local (LAPD) to report it stolen, they obviously weren't much help and the blue book value on the van was nothing near what he had invested in it and it wasn't really a desireable van. He was so worked up over it, he had trouble sleeping and lost his appetitie. Well surprisingly 3 days later my sister saw this lady driving the van within a mile from our house and immediately called the cops and then my dad! My sister ended up forcing the theif to stop (I know it wasn't the best thing to do but I would the same). Luckily by that time, (surprisingly) the cops showed up, the lady was irate, spit and foam flying out of her mouth yelling at the cops, my sister and then my dad who just showed up at the scene. The worst part about it is she claimed she didn't know the van was stolen and that my dad let her son borrow the van?? WTF? Whats funny is that they swapped plates, so obviously they were lying, well they couldn't press charges on the scum who stole it because, somehow (and I don't know where they found it) they found a spare ignition key to the van (that my dad probably forgot about a long time ago) and told the detective that my dad let them borrow it, and guess what? Charges were dropped! The f*cking justice system is a joke! Oh and BTW my dad found needles and drugs in the van so ya they were tweak-bums as well, I wish we could rid world of these sub-human scum!

6. onedge

onedge

Swell! Maybe the rest will work out too.

7. chuckles0

chuckles0

Glad ,good to hear,..Cut their fk'n hands off !!!

8. 76cam

76cam

Sweet I'll go get the rope!!!!!

9. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Great news now if only the 32 could be found. We done ladies and gentleman.

10. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Aint that the truth

11. RDR

RDR

GREAT NEWS in a world full of crap news!

12. metalshapes

metalshapes

Awesome!

And now that we have this happy news, I guess I can say I was a little surprised to see he owned a car that was stock rideheight, and one solid factory color... :)

13. heywacha

heywacha
    from Orange, CA

That makes two of us. I've had a car stolen before. Its like being kicked in the gut.

14. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Seems to me there is a prison in Adelanto, maybe they will send them there and they can have visitors from the tweaky community. Naw!!, send them up to Pelican Bay and stay with lonesome for company Bubba.

15. Good news! Hats off to the man stepping up and offering free storage.
    The good guys outnumber the bad guys but the bad guys get all the attention.
    Hope these bad guys really get what they deserve.

16. Great to hear good news about this sort of thing......for a change!!!!

17. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

wow!, good news!

had my ot cutlass stolen by a tweeker... unfortunately it wasn't the damn near perfect 65k mile car I owned when I got it back... found out exactly who took it, but the cops said they had to catch the thief in the car... otherwise everything was just hearsay..

I hope somebody who cares keeps an eye on the ol' ranchero, and the rest of the home..

18. BULLY!!! Glad to hear the car is back in good hands!!!

19. dirty4

dirty4

Damn a little good news today!...I hope the lil Ranchero is in good condition.

20. the other me

the other me

GREAT NEWS....FINALLY!!! Does anyone know the condition it was/is in? Hopefully not much damage at all....

21. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

my same thoughts, made me wonder if he was planning on doing it up some day.

22. RF

RF

Guess you guys never saw his '70s Dodge Ramcharger then...well, at least he sprayed that satin black.

23. Dirk

Dirk

We still miss you Larry!

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I saw the news for this on my other favorite website this morning. I didnt know Larry personally and have only recently met Larry Jr but I took this particular theft very hard. I cant imagine how helpless Larry Jr must have felt being so far away. He owns his own small business here in town and cant get down there near enough... he is very lucky (and thankful I imagine) to have such a supportive group of enthusiasts who are willing to help.

I think it speaks volumes about the impact Larry made on the world we live in that so many people still care for his legacy and belongings. Too often we forget our history and the people who made it.

Heres to the good guys like Larry.

25. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Great news!

Cheers in Mr Watsons name!

26. Don's 55

Don's 55

Lots of "Eye Balls" out there paid off!
    Good News

27. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Glad the car was recovered! My brother had the same thing happen to him 2 months ago some tweakers stole his 50 Chevy and luckily it was recovered! Unfortunately the guys didnt get cought....This shit needs to come to an end already im tired of seeing cars being stolen!

28. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Maybe not the crap beat out as much as it being "packed" for them. Go LeRoy!!

29. If they do get tried, convicted, and sent to Pelican Bay, please PM me with the names of the new inmates.
    That's all I have to say about that, glad the car was recovered and the perps were caught.

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Awesome, I wish my beloved Roadmaster would come back too.