Register now to get rid of these ads!

Someone just stole Larry Watson's Ranchero!! *update on page 7* FOUND!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eryk, Feb 13, 2011.

1. WTF's with all these old car thefts lately?

2. Mojo

Mojo

I think tweakers are starting to learn they can get more money for whole cars than recycled metals.

3. VonKool13

VonKool13

They are all being stolen because "traditional" rods and customs are super hot right now, and you know that these guys can't drive this stuff around so mos tof its probablly going into private collections of the rich and shady.

4. Deuces

Deuces

My dad's ol' Ford LTD Bro-ham was painted that same color.. I hope a hamber catches the dirt bag first and strings him up by the nads before the "boys in blue" get him!! :mad: F**kin' crack heads! :mad:

5. Don's 55

Don's 55

BTT, WTF! Gotta keep after this one.

6. Looks like time for another gene pool cleansing.

7. I live in Apple Valley, a few miles from Victorville. I see the back of Larry's house from the I-15 Freeway whenever I'm going south, and ironically enough, I saw the backdoor to the home garage open when I passed by yesterday. I found it odd because I had never seen that door ever left open, when Larry was alive or now. His home was always meticulously maintained, and even the backyard was always clean and tidy.

I knew it was odd, but the fact that somebody broke in and vandalized the house and stole the Ranchero gets my blood boiling.

Does Larry Jr. have any interest in his Dad's stuff? Since Larry has been gone, I haven't seen ANY activity at his house. Unfortunately, that's a tell-tale sign for a thief.

8. pumpman

pumpman

I wish I could help somehow but I'm too far away. It just flat pisses me off when something like this happens. I hope someone finds the car and then the shit heads that took it. I know up here if we caught them, we would take them on a two mile walk on one mile pier!

9. S.F.

S.F.

Thats fucked! what the hell is going on here?

10. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Let's see here, The high desert, A guy on a bike, Definitely the work of tweekers. I hope they find the car before the tweekers part it out for scrap or something like that.

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Fucking assholes, my house was broken into twice in two days two Sundays ago. The second time my 9 year old saw them coming out the window. They got my 48 Roadmaster bicycle I've had for 25 years.
    Throttle 'em all.

12. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

I did post this over on the Ranchero web sight.

13. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

14. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Life is not good in Victimville I guess. Time to get tough, whether it is tweakers or pros. There is a lot of open space around that area where deep holes can be dug. How come no Sticky on this one? How about HotRodHotLine.com, maybe a Stolen could help there.

15. Deuces

Deuces

Someone define tweaker for me please.. Crack head??? Meth head??? maybe both???....:eek: I don't know nothing about that crap other that it's bad, mkay???

16. Answer: All of the above.......General druggie scum...

17. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Tweeker mainly applies to meth heads. That area was a leader in meth production for a while....

18. Deuces

Deuces

Ok, thanks! I thought so. :mad:

19. Bump........ No sticky ???

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

people who steal are a whole different breed than normal people.

I used to work with a guy who was telling me about a very nice origial 64 Impala 4 door in his neighborhood. couple weeks later he's telling me his "friends" stole it and stripped it of the motor and some parts.

he said he felt kind of bad because the car was so nice... no thought for the owner and his loss.

we worked at a big Auto Parts warehouse in Oakland Ca. many of the guys lived in Oakland as well. For them stealing and buying stolen goods is just as normal as you and I buying from the store. Someone was always selling something there that they did not aquired legally.

21. Well that sucks...bright side is that damn car won't be hard to spot though.

22. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

this is a very sad cometary that can be said about a lot of America today.

I hope the car is found.

23. Wow, you're a real freakin' Dick Tracy.......

Thanks for lumping .005% of the High Desert population in with the rest of us law-abiding citizens that live here. If you think that there are no tweekers in YOUR area, crawl back under your rock. That shit has penetrated every community in America.

24. slammed

slammed

His sweat, and finger grime will leave DNA. If he's in the data bank....BAM he will find out why they call the Big House the 'slammer'.

25. My dad used to say that they hung horse thieves! As a person who has had two cars stolen (one right out of my driveway) I can feel your pain. If those punks would have just come to me and asked to be driven around while they drank beer and smoked weed, I would have been more than happy to comply. Just give me my freakin' car back when you're done! I could think of a less conspicuous car to steal than a Ranch-a-roo. Sheesh!

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that you may have been watching way too much television.

Burglary and car theft are low-priority crimes for most every police department. Both are highly unlikely to assign any resources to this, let alone DNA testing.

Any crime where nobody is hurt and that is something that is likely/possibly to be compensated by an insurance company will probably be ignored.

In my city, for non-violent property crime, they wont even come out to fill out a report. For that, you go to the website, and fill one out there, and that is just to satisfy the mandate that they keep crime statistics.

27. G9mickey

G9mickey

it will probably go overseas or be changed so much it cant be recognized or stripped for parts. Nobody would be driving these very unique cars around the town they stole them in unless they are really stupid (which I know some thieves are but, most aren't).

28. slammed

slammed

It can be done. I do not watch 'way too much' TV ( none in 3yrs). I gave input. Year's ago in Tulsa I waited 3 hrs. for a patrol to fill out a report on my stolen truck. Low prio is understood.

29. -Brent-

-Brent-

This is going to get closed for drama and what good will that do?