Register now to get rid of these ads!

Someone help me!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new wave terror, Jul 21, 2006.

1. new wave terror

new wave terror

I have a cnahce to buy a 29 Model A 5 window.I know vinatge tin is going pretty high with the As and was wondering what this might go for.The only real problem I see with it is the rear quarter is twisted from someone probably picking it up that way.Its chopped a couple inches and tacked back on and its got patch panels tacked into place?They want 2500 for it?What does everyone think

2. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From what I have seen in the midwest-$2500 is the going price. Also depends on any extra parts, frame or title?

3. It's tough for you to get more than a ballpark figure on this for a few reasons: there's no pic (which isn't always attainable), we don't know how much of the car is there, we don't know where you live (which makes a huge difference...availability and demand vary by region), and there's always emotion involved. What I mean by that, for example, is if you have someone that wants a '36 5-window really bad, he'd be willing to pay more than some people would think the car's worth. And this guy's a fool 'cause he really should be spending the money on his '51 :D

I had a deal lined up for a '31 5-window, no decklid, and a decent amount of rust in the rocker area. The deal was for $1500 which I thought was fair...didn't take it, but that's another story.

Bryan

4. 41chev

41chev
    from kennewick

ok man
    how much stuff can u fit in yer backyard

5. 41chev

41chev
    from kennewick

oh yeah
    buy it

i know where u live
    ill throw it in my truck and drive away

6. If you're patient you can probably beat the price, otherwise if you want it and can handle the bodywork you may as well go for it.

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

need more info