Register now to get rid of these ads!

somehow TRJ makes it a little better

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aar0s, Mar 5, 2012.

1. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

About 4:50 AM last Wednesday I was woke by the god awful noise that no one wants to to be woke up by, the sound of a 20 freight trains and shit pelting the side of your house. After about 20 seconds or so the sound subsided and then was replaced by the sound of the tornado sirens (too late) and my fire pager telling me to go to Lilly st. Of course there was no way for me to go there and it took the better part of an hour for me to get to the staging area but from the top of the hill the path of the tornado was clear.
    I spent the first half of the day doing FD stuff (checking and double checking houses and helping dig in damaged buildings) then went back to my house to meet a friend and start cutting the 100+ year old oak off of my garage and my OT car that had failed to let me down in over 15 years, and still didnt. After carefully cutting for over 6 hours I was able to reset the fuel system and she fired right up.
    The power was out but my boss had brought a generator with a full tank and we were able to charge dead cell phones and plug in the refrigarator and enjoy our beverage of choice cold. It was then that I noticed the white envelope with The Rodders Journal as the return address, my first issue had arrived! Seems even a F4 cant keep the US postal service back. Hard to explain to people that dont get it how it is that the cover of this months TRJ can make a guy forget the past 15 hours, superb work this month fellas.