Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Somebody needs this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alanp561, Oct 1, 2020.

1. A couple of guys named Zocchi and D'Agostino seemed to think they were cool.
    ebay412717.jpg
    1956Lincolncustompurplebullet-vi.jpg

2. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Floors look a little rough?

49ratfink likes this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

High option model with Front AND Rear Flintstone Brakes.

4. If that was here, it would have been sold in 20 seconds. And since when have folks round here been scared of a lil'ol rusty floor?

5. Squablow

Squablow

These have a crossmember on the front of the frame that is the forward attaching point of the lower A-arm, much like a 54-56 Ford car has, and they are just as prone to rot. If that was bad, it'd be a difficult fix.

Definitely a pretty car with pretty lines.

5window, 49ratfink and Stogy like this.
  6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, there's a yard sale all along US 411 this weekend and Etowah is 20 miles away from me on 411 so I think I'll take a closer look at the Lincoln. Matter of fact, I may run 411 all the way to Knoxville and go to the car show up there. Who knows what I'll find?

7. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not if you can weld and can read a tape measure;)

8. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad it's not closer, or I'd probably have another project.

49ratfink likes this.
  9. And who couldn't use a pink Lincoln????
    My uncle had one of those way back when. I thought he was rich. Had that new-fangled thing called "air conditioning" in it....:rolleyes:

10. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

2000.00 plus cannot buy you a crappy 32 to 34 grill shell to go with your crappy 15 to 20,000 32 to 34 body shell. o_O I have built a lot worse.

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'd be more worried about that drivers side door post than the floor. May just be the trailing edge of the fender, but could go farther in.
    Much better looking style than the later canted headlight versions IMHO.....

12. It sure looks long in the trunk and/or short in the rear axle placement.

13. I’m with squirrel, make it run and drive and have fun, drive it everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

kidcampbell71, wraymen and alanp561 like this.
  14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

so, did ya learn how to copy and paste ???

15. squirrel

squirrel

yeah he did, thanks!

Moriarity likes this.
  16. I’m going to have to hit that next year. Might be a lot of fun.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Jeez, For that money I would buy that and pay for the shipping to UK if I had the time and room to sort it

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did, thank you. Now if I can just remember the procedure the next time I need it?o_O

19. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay, I went to the Knoxville Street Rod Nats like I said I would and I did stop in downtown Etowah, TN where the 56 Lincoln Premiere was. There were quite a few more cars at the Nats than I expected but the count was way down from last year. The swap meet area reflected the car count as well. I do wish that more of the car show entrants had some sort of information about their cars, build books, sign boards or something. A lot of car owners found parking places and walked away, or rode away on their little mobility scooters, leaving spectators wondering about what made the owner's cars special. Pretty paint and shiny chrome don't tell the whole story.

On the way home, I stopped in Etowah and called the fellow who advertised the 56 Lincoln. He invited me to come take a look and I'm glad I did. It's not nearly as bad as it appears. Yeah, the floor pans are pretty crusty but the trunk is solid. The frame is good and the engine turns over with the starter. The driver's door window is cracked but it's flat glass anyway. @BamaMav was concerned about the driver's side door post but it's intact. @Squablow wondered about the front crossmember possibly being rusted out where the lower A arms connect and it's alright. The front and rear bumpers are in very good shape. The real shocker about the whole thing was that there was another 56 Premiere sitting right next to it but someone tried to customize it and I'm not a fan of what was done. The seller is extremely sick so he wasn't there but, according to the seller's brother Don, the seller bought it the way it sits, someone took 20" out of the trunk and about 10" out of the wheelbase. On the plus side, there's what is supposed to be a 428 with a C6 in place of the original 368. I took additional pics of the pink one and some of the black, shortened one. Don couldn't give me a price on the black one but said he would talk to his brother and get back to me. Once again, I don't have anything to do with the sale of either of these cars, I'm just relaying information. I think the pink one has a lot of possibilities and the black one would need someone with more imagination than I have. If I have gone on about this too long, I apologize, but as I stated in the thread title, " Somebody needs this ".

Attached Files:

20. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Black one would be okay if you moved the rear fender well back about a foot or so and get it centered between the door and back bumper.
    Good to know the white one wasn't as bad as the pics. It would make a great cruiser for somebody that has the metal working skill to repair it.

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  21. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Whoever built the black one did a lot of work. I think it would have been a lot easier just to extend the fellows garage!

22. That 428 looks more like a 429 to me.

dirty old man and alanp561 like this.
  23. Must be an off week for H.A.M.B. guys...it’s $2200, not $22K, everything is there, and it has a title for crying out loud. For one of those cars close to the upper mid-west it’s practically rust free! It’s a gathering of the ditherers!

24. Make an Altered dragster of the shortened Lincoln. I bet you will be the only one in the world.

alanp561 likes this.
  25. 4E37ACF9-1C19-42DE-9E44-3196C86FEBCE.gif Sounds like it’s I’m much better shape then the pics lead on.

$2200 is a steal

The black one looks ok........ maybe an altered wheelbase car.
    Paging @squirrel maybe another altered project to go with your cuda and Chevy 2 !!!

lol maybe ..... not maybe ?!?!?

alanp561 and squirrel like this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

At 83, my building from scratch days are over, but if I were 20 years younger, I would be on the phone now, locating a 2 car trailer!

27. Love the black shorty!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you're right.

29. indcontrols

indcontrols

Wow - probably a good thing it isn't closer to me, not sure if I could store another 20 foot project...

30. Yep, not an FE, too many valve cover bolts.... 429/460.