Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some work from my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. choptvan

choptvan

Been workin on this Model A truck finally. Customer dropped it off over 6 months ago.Then no word. No phone calls, emails, nothin! Thought I got a truck for free But we are back at it finally.

[​IMG]

removed the firewall to turn it around so we could get the proper engine clearance

[​IMG]

got the front end all mocked up to see how much the suspension would collapse. 35 ford wire wheels all powdercoated

[​IMG]

tacked in the box plates and fit the motor in where she needed to go. Used some 35 ford aftermarket X members that I shortened up and made to fit the stock A frame. Using 35 pedals as well
    [​IMG]

here you can see why we removed the firewall

[​IMG]

had to narrow the rear axle cause he wants to run fenders eventually

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. choptvan

choptvan

3. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

that 56 is one of my Fav's cant wait to subscribe to that thread.

4. choptvan

choptvan

got some more done to the 51 as well. Has a gambino notch so we have to build the rear floor and wheelhouses from scratch. For a hamber as well Moer on that later as we progress on it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. OH YEA!!!! 51 by POT~O~GOLD.

6. choptvan

choptvan

got some more done to the 51 this last week

Cut out and fit a piece to finish smoothing the firewall

[​IMG]

began fitting the new wheel wells

[​IMG]

had to change the arc a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a taste of where we are goin with it

[​IMG]

7. choptvan

choptvan

more on the bridge and access panels for the bags this next week hopefully. Then it is on to the rear seat and trans tunnel. That'll be fun!

8. choptvan

choptvan

Here is some more on the floor of the 51. Got a bit more to go yet. I still have access panels for hte bags and shocks to make and beads to roll. But more on this one tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Man, That Trunk is coming out awesome! Ive got the laptop in the garage, and I am working on putting my trunk together on my 53 with the gambino notch as we speak. Talk about good timing..... Gotta love the hamb. Keep up the good work man.

Jon

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Seeing the air ride on this build got me to thinking. I'm parting out a Lincoln LSC that has a working system on all four corners. Should I grab it off of the car before I scrap it or is it not worth saving? Seems a shame to rip the driveline out and haul the rest of it away.

11. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

It may be worth saving for someone who has a malfunctioning system on an LSC, but I think it would be a headache to retro fit that system. Could be done, but then your stuck with Lincoln replacement parts too.

Jon

12. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks! If you need anything PM me. No worries.

Not really worth it to be honest. Chaper and easier to get a new system to be honest. Those bags are just to hard to deal with IMO

13. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thats very true....Think I'll just C List it and see what I can sell. It's got a bitchin power moon roof. I think I just barfed in my mouth a little:D

14. Where did you get your floor pans and sheet metal? They seem to be good quality.

15. choptvan

choptvan

Rust repair.com. The floor was great. THe quarter panels, not so much. Rockers either. However, I have not found anyone else that makes the rockers. I had to reshape them. Didn't even come close to fitting.

16. From what I hear EMS is the best but again shipping and waiting kills

17. choptvan

choptvan

Yup. Took awhile to get these panels as well.

18. How much were they and shipping?

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

rustrepair.com is also mill supply company, from the photo's you have ems automotive floors and toe boards, but the 1/4 panels are not ours looks like they came from schott metal products and i would assume the rocker did to. i did not see a photo of them.

i am not sure if mills supply removes our identiy label or not

try our web site www.emsautomotive.com

would like to hear more

the ems guy

Attached Files:

20. ems customer service

ems customer service

are you waiting for any parts from us? if your local dealer does not have in stock you can call direct 216-541-4585.

usally we can ship in a day or two, but it does take ups/fed-ex a week shipping time to calif. this is a long distance for the guys on the west coast and some of this stuff is heavy and does cost to ship. but if you tell us about your plans we can advise on how we can pack the box for best shipping charges,

would like to hear more comments

the ems guy

21. willymakeit

willymakeit

Chopt you do nice work. Keep it going.

22. No I havent ordered yet.....but I have heard those things. I have called before and they said shipping would be well over $100 for 4 floor pans for my 56. That makes np.sense because I ship floor pans daily all over and it.doesnt.cost us half that.

23. choptvan

choptvan

Love the way you are right on top of this stuff. And yes, after looking they are schott. Thanks again.

24. Smokey2

Smokey2

Thanks for Sharon !!!!!
    Good Coverage and Nice Werk.........
    Keep the Post Going.

Smoked-Up, In tha' Great Smokey Mts. :D

25. choptvan

choptvan

Got some more done on the 51 today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

access panels for the bags and shocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some bead rolls. Many more to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. That looks amazing! Nice work.

27. ems customer service

ems customer service

floor pans is a loose term how many pieces and which pieces, and floor braces included? and what about? the many other parts.of course it depends on which car you have ( we assume a 55ford) residential or rural delivery all these items make up a shipping cost

i assume by your post you are in california assuming you bought a complete set of it could be as high as $85 and that is with 2012 rates, last years rates were about $65 ,sure a smaller toe board by it self could cost less, but not a pair of rear floors. if you were in colorado it would be cheaper by 2 zones

75 pounds of sheet metal is going to cost to move all the way to the west coast

ups/fed/ex has raised rates close to 26% on large boxes (read the fine print) in the paper version of the ups/fed/ex shipping guide.

with even higher fuel cost shipping is going to get worse,

28. I have a 1956 ford mainline 2dr sedan not a 55 but the floors and many other parts are the same...Anyway. I am needing both toe boards,both front floors and both rears. I work for a parts house so they can be sent to a commercial address so that it will be cheaper.

Another thing is I need the tail pan but I also need the sheet metal that butts up to it where the seam is and wraps around to the quarter panel. You dont offer that?

29. choptvan

choptvan

No offense, but this is not an ems thread. PM each other please. Or start another one.

30. I am sorry about that.

Besides all that..How bad was the tail pan on your 55 choptvan?