Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some pics of Social D last night O/T sorta

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sodapop, Nov 1, 2005.

1. sodapop

sodapop
    from Tejas

Halloween w/ Social D. It doesnt get much cooler. We had a great time and took some cool pics. I had a chance to meet Mike Ness after the show and he was extremely friendly, anyway here are some pics. Hope you likey.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And last but not least Mike signing my dash [​IMG]

2. Cool...I am selling my ticket for tonight's show, cannot make it, son wok up sick. If anyone in Austin wants to go, PM me

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

How does this work exactly? Cause I know you're not the first guy with a hot rod/custom to meet him after a show. Do you just drive the car to behind the gig and wait for him to come out? Is it an "unspoken" thing that he hangs out with hot rodders after shows?

4. hankcash

hankcash

It was a great show...
    Too bad they didn't play Another State of Mind and 1945.

My ears were still ringing this afternoon.

hc

5. BLAKE

BLAKE

Man, that absolutely rocks. Ness is real.

6. colorado51

colorado51

COOL!

They are coming to Denver next, I'll be seeing them this Sunday!

Did he just come out and check out your cars or what? I'm thinking about driving my 51 to the show.

7. baytowngreaser

baytowngreaser

Is that Rob's car?

8. sodapop

sodapop
    from Tejas

Yeah its Robs car. I bartend next door to the Granada where they played, so needless to say everyone that works there are my regulers. They reserved 3 spots for us to park right next to the tour bus. I went outside right after the show and there were about 50 people waiting to have something signed. So iwent to my bar for about 45 mins. and walked back to the tour bus, eveyone was gone exept for Mike and his bodyguard. I asked if he would sign my dash and his words were "fuck yeah" he then shot the shit with me about my car and his for about 20 mins.. It was without a doubt one of the coolest things ever. BTW he carries his own Sharpie so hes ok with signing stuff.

9. smoking tom ,the publisher of smokinshutdown hosted a social d car show in berlin 4 months ago or so . It was pretty cool and mike liked to buy toms 60 elcamino kustom ,needles to say that tom dont even think about it to sell it . But against the myth of a bad ass m.ness in europe, mike seemed to be a real cool guy with his feets on the ground ,we was not talking anything together ,but it was a funy thing by the way . I was hanging under a tree with some clubmaids and my girlfriend an we all was just hanging around and drinkin beer ,like, if mike wanna talk to us he talks to us ,if not then not , anyway there are was some other folks surounding mike mike like a swarm of bees . Well they get there autographs and so, but he looked like he would realy enjoying to hanging under a tree and having a beer without the m.ness hype
    a week later i saw them in bern ,coolest gigs ever

10. HonkyTonker

HonkyTonker
    from Irving, TX

Very Cool, If only i wasn't so poor. Maybe next time!

Neal0o

11. bardahl1

bardahl1

Mike's genuine. I came out of CW Moss one day and he was checkin out my roadster. We started shootin the shit, it took me a few minutes to realize who he was, but it didn't matter at that point cause we were just talkin hot rods. Hot Rods aren't his hobby or a good image for the band, they're his way of life.

12. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Saw them the other night at Stubb's. I don't feel I got my money's worth this time. Seemed like a short show, but I had a blast with everyone who showed up. We then proceeded to a local bar where I met up with friends from back home then got shitfaced with the seemingly neverending supply of PBR. Then I got home and peed on the rug in the bathroom and passed out in the bathtub. Maybe I did get my money's worth.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  13. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i am going to see them in SF on the 13th, it will be nice to see them w/a bar, last time it was a all ages show. It looks like Mike has lost some pounds, cause homes was packing it on.

show should rock, any other HAMBers going?

14. LOL, sounds like you got your moneys worth and some...then again you might have just pissed it out too

15. scotth

scotth
    from Austin, TX

We thought it was short too, but got to talking about it afterwards, and they played 12-14 songs, so that ain't too bad. They played the first 4-5 w/o stopping, that made it go by pretty fast.

The last time I saw them was like 93 at the Back Room, it had been wayyyy too long! It was a good time!