Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ....Some People....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Nov 21, 2011.

1. slowmobile

slowmobile
    from new york

well, that's heartwarming.
    not enough to make up for the massive amounts of blatant stupidity and arrogance in the world though

2. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Boy I'd say this guy is darn lucky your boyfriend is an even tempered man...

3. GREASER815

GREASER815

There are all kinds out there. You guys have a nice car, drive it, enjoy it, and be proud of what you have. I get the same thing in my Chevy. Some love it, some hate it...but after all it is mine and I do not really car what they think anyway. Just have to learn to laugh it off. Most of the people commenting are going home from the car shows and cruise nights in their rusted out minivans or their Kias, etc...most who comment have nothing of their own.

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Same thing happened to a friend of mine and me while we were at Marcus Dairy in Danbury a few yeas ago,just another reason I had to move out of CT!

5. 77salon

77salon
    from RI

not cool what some people do.

6. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

That is a good one. You could get a rubber stamp and when something similar happens, grab the stamp, open the ink case and slap the ink then stamp his for head.
    Now that would be funny!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  7. pitman

pitman

I liked the remark, "If that was your car, would you want ME doing that?"

8. Andy

Andy

I have car stories but I will share an airplane story. Plane tied up on the ramp and I go in the FBO to pay for gas. I come back and a daddy is helping his child walk on the wing outward to the tip. Small airplanes and especially flying surfaces dent really easily. I start screaming and the jerk picks up his kid. He was going nowhere untill I checked for dents. It could have been many thousands of dollars. I guess he thought it was a big playset.

9. draggler

draggler

Next time remember to ask in a very rude parenting tone { you lost}
    then before they respond ,fire off with a scolding they would never forget .
    Its understandable to be in shock . As well as legally not to put your hands on someone. But its yall's car and you did catch him fartin around where he should not have been . Its ok to be rude when there in the wrong !
    Its pretty close to the same principal as being in a fight and being more pissed off afterward that you didnt do this or that right. At least it also was not a carjacking gone wrong where they or that person could have been armed and you were not!
    Water off a ducks back for the comments!
    You didnt build it for the douche b's in question!

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hershey was rough this year. I had so much attention and visiting with folks from all over the world that I almost couldn't handle it. And yet there was this one jerkoff. He handling the car and looking in places that just aren't normal. His sidekick comes around from the other side, and I'm like 15-20' away doing something at the table. Next thing I know they reach in and start going through the owner's show packet! I stood up and peeled off my sunglasses and they had a look on their face like I pulled a piece on them. They threw packet back on the front seat and left very quickly. I came around the table in their direction and added to their angst. Not a word was spoken, and apparently none were needed. The next day this guy comes by like he's some type of celebrity because he brought me some woodgraining to do. Started babbling away and then starts leaning on the car and is about to drag his watch across the driver's door! "Do you fuckin mind!??! Can't you see what you're doing?" "Well I guess I better be careful. I can't let my $3000 watch cost me 5 grand more, huh?" "3 grand? That's all?" "Well I..." "Well nothin! You know better so back the fuck off." Then I'm supposed to give him some deep deal on his woodgraining too because my partner told him I would. "Who's my partner? Tell me his name." "I don't remember his name but I talked to him today." "Because I don't have a partner in the woodgrain buisness. You didn't talk to anybody regarding this. Maybe I don't want your buisness and there's a shit load of woodgrainers here."

I took the job and added an extra $100 for the bullshit, the rudeness, the dirty dickbeater prints I had to clean off of the car, and because he lied to me about talking to my "partner". Hershey has NEVER been like that for me. I also heard a dozen people dissin the car for being "too good" and the wrong color. I simply dismiss them as haters. Would you manhandle a car like this if it wasn't yours?
    [​IMG]

11. 75cj5

75cj5

I by no means am trying to justify what he did as I never would, and I've made sure my kids know better than to ever do anything like that. I must admit though, I find it funny that only the two car owners were there, but with little exception, a whole forum of people think this guy was some kind of idiot, crook, dumbass with the worst of intentions. If he was in his 60's or older he was raised in a time when people didn't lock there doors, people were friendly to each other, you helped your neighbor and gave lifts to total strangers because it was the right thing to do. When I read the post, I thought of my grandfather, who NEVER did anything along this line, but he would do stuff I would find odd, but it was out of innocence from a man who did not have a mean or decieving bone in his body and who trusted everyone, that's just how it was back in his day.People as a whole were nicer in my opinion. We live in a time now,where we trust no one, we think everyone is out to get us or harm us, and we cuss people up one side and down the other for the slightest "issue." I think it's sad.

I agree with all the frustration on people intentionally abusing or damaging your cars,and they deserve what they get, but I didn't get that impression from what I read about the old man.

Again, please don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I don't agree with what he did. You guys handled it great and showed respect to someone who could have just made a poor laps in judgement because he was raised in different era and had no malice intent what so ever in what he did.

12. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

I don't think i've ever seen Eddie or Ercie mad. I guess we know what sets them off now!
    A few years ago a guy brought a beautifully restored old sprint car to our annual racer's reunion indoor show. I'm standing there looking at it when this guy hops over the ropes {yes it's roped off} and tries to squeeze into the cockpit. I quickly found out who the owner was when he turned around and gave the kid a WTF speech. He showed alot of restraint but I think I could hear the enamel grinding on his teeth. The kicker was the culprit was a kid that was a son of one of the show's promoters. Go figure.

13. I went to your profile page to see this Plymouth of yours. That is a sweet car. I would crawl all over it too,But I would ask first.

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Why didn't you just drag the Douche out of your 50 Plymouth and shoot him? Then run over his lifeless body and drive away.

15. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

We are kind people for the most part and would probably feel bad for ripping the old timer a new one. By the look on his face he knew he had done wrong and he was uneasy. Thanks for the comments on the Plymouth, or Betty, as we like to call " her". First car we ever built... Just he two of us from stripping to body work to paint and buffing. We are quite proud of the old gal. She's going to 2 thanksgiving suppers tomorrow :) thanks for all the stories and support and smiles. Happy thanksgiving!

16. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

NEWS FLASH !!! BULLETIN !!! THIS JUST IN, there are some real d---s out there.

17. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

I went to a show in OKC about 1990 and came back to my 39 Ford pickup and noticed that someone had opened my hood and had lowered it but didnt know how to latch it. Good thing I saw it before I drove off with the hood unlatched!

18. Gator

Gator

One time, at band camp......