Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some people have NO respect for your car!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37fordtruck, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shark

the shark

most of the car shows that i have been to usually have a considerate sign at the entrance that ask people to NOT touch the cars or displays... maybe they should make these signs a little bigger

2. DragUns35

DragUns35

the kids dad was prob the same guy that wrapped his knuckles on my dads fender to make sure it was steel... did it hard enough to make a dent.... the fender is steel, but the guys head was probubly made of wood.

3. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

I was walking through a parking lot today with my 6 year old girl and 8 year old boy.

There was an early 60's VW bug with very faded and chalky paint. The kids commented on how the paint looked. I lightly touched the edge of the fender with one finger and showed them how my fingertip turned the color of the car.

As we walked away, my daughter scolded me: "You should never touch anyone else's car"

My son chimed in "Yeah, you should have respect for his property, how would you like someone to touch your car without asking"

I guess I taught them too well.

4. About 1984 I had a 35 Plymouth four door fully painted and scalloped lowered running 350/350 ( I got it that way, sorry ). We parked on the pier at Pismo Beach California during a show there. We went for hot dogs and a coke, came back and a rather large woman, ( about 300 lbs.) was sitting on thedrivers side fender. I wigged and told her to get the hell off of my car while her boyfriend got all indignant. When the cow got off of my car the fender sagged down about 2 inches and the positioning strut was bent. So I asked why would she do something like that and her answer was don't park here if you don't want us to take pictures by your car. Some non car people just don't have a clue, it took a lot of work to fix the car and calm me down. Rags

5. leftcoast66

leftcoast66
    from Duvall

I hate that. Sadly that's one of the reasons why my truck just doesn't come out of the garage or if it does leave mine or my gf's sight. I'm really protective of it, and it amazes me of how little respect people have for others property. Seems to me like nowadays people just when it gets old throw stuff away rather than fix anything, so no one realizes the challenges and the time that goes into fixing up something, as well as the heart and soul that goes into the car.

6. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

I was at a show back in '87 and watched a drunk guy in a wheel-chair pull up to about 1/8 inch away from a guys PERFECT red '56 Chrysler 300 B. The wheel-chair guy was leaning his head in through the open window and trying to see the dash. As he turned his chair to leave, the front right edge rubbed the Chrysler's door and scratched off a ribbon of paint down to the bare metal about four inches long and a half inch wide. It scratched hard enough to pleat the metal. The owner was talking to someone nearby and heard the whole thing. He ran up to guy and said "WHAT THE FUCK!!" The drunk dude in the wheel-chair looked at him, shrugged his shoulders and rolled away. I thought the guy with the Chrysler was going to cry.

jp

7. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Maybe I'm just the exception as opposed to the norm, but I don't really care if kids (or adults for that matter) touch my car. If they are doing it to purposely be a jerk, then that may be a different story...but if a kid is really curious, and it would put a smile on his/her face, I'd have no problem with them opening the door, jumping in the interior, looking under the hood, sitting on the fender, etc. Putting a smile on someone's face is more important to me than a paint job any day. :)

I mean, after all, it is just a car. ;)

8. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

children should be eaten while there bones are still soft !!

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

The biggest problem I have at car shows with my 56 Chevy is every toothless Bubba asks his fat assed Bubbette " do you know where you put in the gas?" they then proceed to show her how smart they are and pop open the left tail light. The more I see dumb asses at car shows disrespecting other peoples property the less I feel like attending.

10. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

Sorry to hear about your truck that sucks. I think some "parents" these days are in need of a good ass kicking!

11. METEOR62

METEOR62

About a year ago at one of our local shows Mom And Pop let the little one walk Fido arounf the car show. The dog took a great intrest in my buddies 59 Ford Skyliner. the dog took off sniffing around the car unfortunatly the kid had him on a chain leash,had scratches and clawmarks on both front fenders. Guy came unglued, some times you have to wonder what the H--- people are thinking!!!

12. Mojo

Mojo

people are people, they're always been stupid ones right from the beginning. I was looking through some old pictures once, it was random shots of a main street in the early 40's. Most of the cars were less than 10 years old, and most of them were dented and filthy. I think the general public have always treated cars as just a means of getting around, with a very small percentage actually caring about them, and a very very small percentage fixing them up. I'm sure a lot of older car people would have stories of kids and parents doing stupid things to their cars long ago. Although, i'm 36, and i've seen a real change in how kids behave compared to when I was a kid.

I have a OT 67 mustang, and it has a bunch of paint chips on the drivers side front wheel opening, and on the passinger side rear wheel opening. It eventually dawned on me that they were caused by parking in diagonal parking spots, and idiots hitting the fenders with their doors....

13. chrisp

chrisp

When I redid my Honda (need to move around in style:D ) it took 2 days before I get somebody else paint on my rear bumper. Now I don't wash my car anymore, like that people get scared to get dirty so they park a little further than they used to, I get much less door dings now. A dirty car is a good deterent, nobody wants to get dirty.

14. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Remember, during the Great Depression 1932-38, most folks couldn't afford to buy a new car and were lucky to have a decent paying job. Then with the outbreak of WW II car production ceased so many of cars you saw in the 40's were those carried over from the Depression years and were pretty well worn as car production didn't get started again until 1946.

15. flamingokid

flamingokid

I was at the Scottsdale Pavillions Car Show during Barrett-Jackson Week this past winter when I noticed a child climbing up the fender of an old Cord 852.I yelled at him to get the F@#! off of the car and Mr. No Nuts Saturn Driving Gap Shopper and his wife,Patty Pottery Barn start going off on me,telling me my language was filthy and my attitude towards children was awful.I told her that she'd be childless if her doctor tested her IQ and common sense.Hubby gets up in my face and I shoved him back.Suddenly,the whole row is in on this action.And for once,everybody is on the same page as me.So I proceed to rip into this guy and he realizes we aren't at Starbucks anymore and he knows he is mentally and physically overmatched.He is then overcome with a faux concern for the paint on this car.The owner gets his info and several witnesses sign up.Another happy ending.

Why in the hell do these dipshit parents let these kids run wild at a frekain' car show?I don't touch other peoples cars unless I'm told that it's OK.Car shows ought to be off limits to the general public until they pass a written test and are approved.These are the same people who have no concept of how to treat their late model POS,so they should stay the hell away from my cool ride.

16. flathead okie

flathead okie

About 5-6 yrs ago at a car show at Robbers Cave in Ok. the Chevy Club was there. When it was time for awards everyone goes to the stand. While we were there some assholes KEYED about 30 -35 cars, most were Chevelles, Camaros. Never found out wo did it.
    At another carshow in Muskogee a freakin' rugrat (8-10 yrs old)scratched a car on purpose, some people saw him. His parents were sued for the cost of repaint.

17. mozdef

mozdef
    from San Diego

AMEN BROTHER!!

18. Spooky

Spooky

Don't matter who is raising who, really.
    Or who they may vote for.
    Respect someone's stuff like it was better than your own.

19. lowdowncustom

lowdowncustom
    from austin tx

My wife had 3 kids allready when I meet her, they were bad when i took them to the first show. I sat them down and talked to them and they have been good ever since. I don't think its the kids, its 100% the parents unless the kid is not 100% mentally there.

20. flamingokid

flamingokid

About 3 years ago I was at a Z car show and some asshole kept putting his pawprints on my hood and top.I had a girlfriend who hates violence,so I would just put a little Meguiars on the last spot touched and wipe it off.This goes on for about a 1/2 hour,when out of frustration I squirted about 5 bux worth of wax on this dolt.Everybody but him thought it was goddamned funny and even my GF wondered why I waited so long.

21. 117harv

117harv

Might as well have a pair of them at the top.

22. LOL, why not.

"Night of the Living Thread"

23. 117harv

117harv

Back up again too.

24. sport fury

sport fury

i call them the "you can't hit me generation"

25. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

I realize this is a very old thread, but I've got to agree with Slammed88; no, I'm not saying to let kids ruin your car/paint, but it is, in fact, ONLY a car! Stop for one minute, and think about those innocent children that were massacred at their elementary school just a little over a week ago, most of us couldn't imagine living through that personal HELL. So next time a kid puts some greasy prints on your paint, you'd be better off explaining to the child, why you don't do it, rather than going off on the parents. As far as 62 Wagon's statement, it's really TOO BAD, you're parents didn't practice what you preach!

26. I just gave up and take it in stride , it happpens every time i go to a show. People run their hand asross the hood to feel the paint and their ring scratches paint and running board paint gets scratched.I just leave the marks there whats the use !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.