Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some junkyard pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nobux, Jan 11, 2006.

1. nobux

nobux

Here are some pictures I found on an old memory card from a junkyard trip I took a couple of years ago. I think you guys might appreciate them.

Attached Files:

2. nobux

nobux

More pics

Attached Files:

3. nobux

nobux

A couple more..

Attached Files:

4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Cool. Lots of stuff there, and it doesn't look like they've been picked clean. Lots of treasures hiding in there!

5. nobux

nobux

And here are the last ones. I hope you enjoy looking. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I was taking them.

Nobux

Attached Files:

6. Crestliner

Crestliner

Is it still there and in business?

7. nobux

nobux

It's still there, and still in business. The place is like a time warp, nothing newer than about 1970. I plan on going there again this summer to hopefully make some purchases. This is the yard that I tripped over a 37 Ford V8-60 tube axle buried in the dirt. I think I paid $50 for the axle and spindles. The owner isn't very friendly, but that's probably why there's so much stuff still there.

8. DickiesChik

DickiesChik

Sweeeeet! I wish we had a place like that around here. Sad that all that...sittin in a junkyard...when it could be gettin some sweet lovin' from me lol :D

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

SPILL YOUR GUTS!!! :D

where the hell is this place!?!?!?

10. NoBackPressure

NoBackPressure

What is it about junkyard pics thatare just soo dammn cool!!!!????
    Love it!!! Keep these pics comin'!!!!
    Sometimes I just go to the yards just to look at all the old iron....;)

11. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Hey, I think I know that place!!!! Is it up by Emily? If so, that 39 Coupe has a Stewart Warner guage panel and rusted to pieces winged gauges in it.

25 years ago that yard had a 35-6 Ford Delivery as well as a few reminants of 34 fords. When I was there 15 years ago, that stuff was gone, but still lots left. I bought a few model a parts from him then.

If this isn't the Emily lot, does anyone know if the Emily place is still around?

12. Squablow

Squablow

Jeez, that looks like a hell of a good yard. That 39/40 coupe looks like a winner, tons of other good stuff too. Where is this place? The HAMB needs to organize a trip there.

13. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

its a '39. I wanna go see this place.

14. hemi

hemi

That Cigar truck is freakin' cool! I love old junk yards..

15. Hey nobux........you are getting sleepy, very sleepy....you want to PM me and tell me where this place is...when you awake - you will remember nothing......:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

16. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

We do have places like that. Just gotta know where to find them. :D

17. nobux

nobux

Good yards are like good fishing spots, you don't tell your best friend where they're at :rolleyes: . Seriously, the yards ARE out there, you just got find them. I'd be heisitant about posting the location of any old car yard on the internet for a couple reasons. Most of the old car yards are kinda of flying under the radar of various government agencies and do not need or want the extra attention. As a manager of a yard myself, I can understand and respect that. A lot of them have no desire to ship anything or answer the phone all day regarding old parts. Your opinion of a good door may differ vastly from my own. I'm also kind of selfish. I do a lot of homework trying to dig up new yards to go to. Every year we spend the better part of a week traveling and scouting out old car yards. I spend a lot of time BSing with people to learn about stashes of cars or parts, so I tend to be pretty close lipped about them. I just feel they will stay there longer that way.

Nobux

Attached Files: