Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some help needed.... 52 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reallyrotten, Jun 23, 2013.

1. reallyrotten

reallyrotten

So I'm. Apparently lost here.
    I had been doing some research for a bit and was under the impression a rear axle out a 89-92. For ranger would fit under a 1952 crestline... Well after yesterday's work the pinion offset on the ranger axle won't allow it to fit in stk form. The whole reason for the swap was to maybe gain a bit better brakes 10" drums and a better gear ratio since I am swapping in a manual trans behind the flathead. So I guess at this point I should either buy some gears to throw at the axle or look for a different rear axle to swap in.. I've seen other rear axle swaps out of older vehicles but I live in northern Michigan and parts like that Arnt always available unless you know somebody.. Any help would be appreciated. Or if you guys know solace I could find a good ring/ pinion kit for a fair price. Thanks in advance

- jake

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Granada,Maverick,Mustang would be a good choice for the rear axle. HRP

3. I used a maverick 8" axle under my 49 ford. Worked fine and I lowered the car a lot...had to do some driveshaft tunnel work but I wouldn't have if I hadn't lowered the rear about 5 inches.
    8" ford axles have a good choice of gears and several posi units also. Mine came with 3.00 gears for a good all-around compromise in gearing.

Attached Files: