Register now to get rid of these ads!

some guy crushing his dads cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by petebert, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I SECOND PATRICK66's motion - Stay out of Walmart

2. I drove to Corpus Christi last month for a Dodge Town Panel that was advertised here on the HAMB - 665 miles one way, and paid $4.75/gallon for Diesel to get it! BUT, I hauled another car TO Corpus, which basically paid for the fuel for the trip. In that case, it was definitely worth it for me to get the truck, even though it was a ways away. Last Summer, I did the same to pick up a Dodge Sweptliine truck in Denver - same mileage. So, I have definitely done that before, on several occasions. But, for a lot of people, it is NOT worth it. If it isn't next door, they won't consider it.

3. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

I am not sure how one should even react to something that bad. All I know is that this says there are way to many stupid people out there walking the earth.

4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Sure if he had the time and desire he could have made more parting the shit out. Personally I didn't see any cars there i couldn't live without.

5. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I find it VERY HARD to believe this fuck bag moron tried very hard at all to sell those cars. Hell, the trim on most of those cars was worth the money he was asking.

6. Its not just about the complete cars...it,s more about the hard to find small stuff that car guys around the world need and have been searching for .....

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

FINALLY! I knew if I waited long enough there would be someone that isn't looking at that pile of shit through rose colored glasses. The pile isn't in Kansas any more.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

You know this could have been worse; what if the family farm was full of 20's and 30's tin!!!??? We could be watching a load of A bones, Deuces and 34's being hauled off (I'd hope that the scrap guy would be smart enough to haul them off w/o crushing them and sell them off). Lots of good parts, but most were 4 dr parts cars.

A call out to Mid western and plains HAMB's; hook up with portable scrappers such as the contractor that does the dirty deeds in this video. Make a deal to scope out his jobs a week prior to him getting there with the wrecking machine and save the good stuff.

9. I read a few of the replies to this vid. Sad but that's what's happening all over the place these days. "Kids" don't realize what they have! If it ain't green and have a lot of zeros on it, it must be bad. Instant gratification - that's the name of the game today. Only good thing about this kind of stuff going on is that it makes the survivors even that much more cherished.

10. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I make those kind of trips alot but many people don't have it in em. I think because we all fix up old cars and are around them all the time we have the ablility to see what something can be. Guys like this tool just see junk and that the county told him he has to do something so he better do it (I told my county to fuck off. Read the ruled and complied and kept all my cars when they threatened me). Going to CA to pick up a car (1600 miles round trip) is not too bad for me and I've done it many times. But think about how many times you've seen a neighbor haul something really heavy with their SUV. Not many I bet.

The sad thing to me is that I like to look at scenes like an old farm with weathered buildings and silent old tractors. Makes me think about how nice everything once was. I grew up in NC and it used to have alot of these old farms and tobacco barns etc. Most of that is gone now and it's just nothing but mindnumbing rows of Applebees and Best Buys everywhere nice farmland was. Who knows, maybe 100 years from now people will miss that.

There's a video of him graduating from the local college. Maybe that farm represented some sort of entrapment to him and he thinks he escaped or something. Maybe where I see a nice quiet simple life he couldn't think about anything other than getting up a 5:30 in the morning and dealing with the cows.

In one of the videos some middle aged women (sisters maybe?) are carting off an old ice cream parlor chair and a tractor seat. Looked to me like they regretted seeing it go.

There's a bunch of us here but we are still a minority.

11. kverge1

kverge1

this is just a sin, how many guys tried to buy that stuff befoure this. and the guy probably had to pay for the service of removing them. karma man, karma

12. I'm not sure you get my point, I said that adding $500 into the cost of the car for the fuel to go get it, is pretty cheap, it shouldn't be the big deal people make of it. Especially when you're talking some vehicle that's worth several times that money. I used to have to spend about $100 a shot in fuel to bring home some of mine - I didn't even think about it. But then again when you're buying vehicles for $300 and selling some for $2500 and up, an extra $100 here and there doesn't matter much.

But a 3000 mile trip for a non-running car hired out to a hauler can cost more than a dollar per mile. Unless the car is worth $10,000 and up and bought for under $3,000 that's usually a deal buster.

When they came for the cars in South Dakota, I didn't speak out.

When they came for my neighbor's cars, I didn't speak out.

When they came for my cars, there was no one to speak out for me.

13. billylo

billylo

I couldn't believe they ccrushed them all up. A couple of them were better off crushed but some of them needed saving.

14. phat rat

phat rat

Well I thought I understood. I put 5500 miles on my truck on one buying trip last year and 4500 mi this year and thinking of another before winter that would be about 3500mi. I've driven 1500 mi or more many times to pick up a non-running project. If you want something you'll find a way to get it.

15. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

It says all the videos are removed. What did he crush?

16. The price of scrap is down (probably because of the dollar) so maybe this crap will slow down...

17. Abomination

Abomination