Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Some George Ray's Drag Strip pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DuckusCrapus, Oct 3, 2008.

1. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

As some of you know a small group from my site made the trip out to George Ray's WildCat Drag Strip. Wow.....what a place. It is almost hard to describe that place. It is truely it's own animal.

The place is a snapshot in time and it really hasn't changed that much since 1961. Here are a few pics:

Chuck's Willys coupe:

[​IMG]

Me launching the Bondo Pig:

[​IMG]

OkieButtLicker taking a pass in the '57:

[​IMG]

The Pig laying on the track:

[​IMG]

This picture might not mean much to most, but we stayed late and saw something that is really rare these days. George is hard of seeing, hard of hearing and pretty frail these days. But he cruised his raodster back to the shop after staying out with us the whole day! What a sight...

[​IMG]

If you want to see some more pics here is a link to the rest of them. Enjoy...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v478/DuckusCrapus/George Rays 2008/

DuckusCrapus

2. skunx1964

skunx1964

that tracks badass, ive seen it in vids on youtube. dunno if id run an 10.5 outlaw class car tho, not much room for error.

3. Great Photos !!!! Good to see the old buzzard is still out and about at the track, a living legend.

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Looks like you guys had a good time. Thanks for the pics.

5. That place is scary looking. Hope no one gets way out of the groove, could be dancing with one of those trees!!!!

6. skunx1964

skunx1964

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8v8CJKxpV7c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8v8CJKxpV7c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hehe, tank top n camo shorts. but hes got his helmet! some of this vid is from there

7. stepside454

stepside454

me & some buddys were there.had a great time. If you look real close at the 2nd pic , the one with the 55 Chevy launching, you can see me just to the right of the tree in the pic LOL

8. I saw him on hotrod tv back before it went to shit and they lost chuck hansen....they showed old footage and his little homemaade roadster...we need more of those and less nhra big buck crap

9. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Man thats awesome. Thats one place I'd really like to go and visit in my lifetime..Thanks for sharing the pictures.

10. George Rays is still in operation. I like the act its pretty much the same as it was when I first raced there many decades ago.

11. i have been there a few times with my blown nitro 65 dodge. its a track time has forgotten. we did some fire burn out there. see avatar. the story made hot rod mag jan. 2001. geoff stunkerts quarter mile stone site has the complete story there under nitro hallucination with several track pics. going to this track should be on every ones bucket list.

AHotRod likes this.