Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some garage wall ring!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad57, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mad57

mad57
    from n.j

This is my first post here i also belong to the garage journal and posted my recent find thought that it was a cool winter project. Well i just picked up today these old school pay phones, and just got in from the garage messing around with one shown here. Its a working phone ,but i dont have a hard line in new garage, i stripped it and a few coats gloss black later ,good polishing of the chrome, and some really good lag bolts in the wall(its 49 pounds) the finished product. Iam gonna let my kids use it as a piggy bank, this thing is fort knox . Well keep putting change in it and when its full cash it out for some cool kiddy stuff. Well hope you enjoyed it, i had fun doing it, I had to buy a few, to get them, if any body on here would like one ill sell them for what i paid..$55 bucks.later mad57

[​IMG] before

[​IMG] after

[​IMG]

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

Neat idea, but it would have to be a rotary dial and only take nickles to be traditional. :D

J/K, just nerfin' ya! Kinky6 :cool:

3. BJR

BJR

Defiantly Not a traditional phone. You should post that on the modern phone board...... Now if it had a crank on the side.....

4. Cool phone, needs pinstriping!!

5. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

100 percent agree!!

6. synthsis

synthsis

they make phones that go on walls? how are you supposed to put it in your pocket, use it as a web browser, text message, GPS, games, music, camera and video :)

7. budhaboy

budhaboy

I still have a rotary hangin in my basement- when the power goes out, its the only land line that works...

Attached Files:

9. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Nice peice of garage art. Pinstripping would look good on the phone. Plus some phone numbers written on the wall....

10. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Is that really considered "old"?
    There is one of those at the gas station a block away from my house & then another at the diner down the road, come to think of it they are still pretty common around here.
    Man, Milwaukee has to get w/the times!

Oh yeah, welcome to the HAMB, now post a picture of the car that is in that garage!

Sincerely,
    Cheatercarl