Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some early Ford Hot Rods (teens)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimdillon, Feb 25, 2006.

1. jimdillon

jimdillon

Dug thru some stuff and came up with some Fords hopped up in the teens. The 16 valve article (Motor Age May 2, 1918) discusses the Laurel, Roof and Craig-Hunt 16 valve engines. The photos of #1 are Paul Harvey who was a protege of Bob Burman. He later bought Burman's car and raced it at Elgin in 1919 and maybe some other venues. The #1 car does look very similar to Burman's Peugeot. This and number #37 car and the racing shots are from the Chicago board track at Maywood Illinois. The Ford races, a prelude to the 300 ci cars main event ran in September 1916. Today there is a hospital on that location. The other two shots are some hop up ideas that the auto magazines are full of in that era. I generally crop the photos but thought I would leave them this way so you could read the captions underneath.-Jim

Attached Files:

2. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

great pics, i'm building a model T roadster something right now, it's nice to see old pictures and get ideas.

3. Kool vintage speed pic's :) ...........but no shots of the old 999 beast?