Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some Dude was taking pictures of my cars. I'm I being paranoid?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Sep 14, 2010.

1. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

invest in motion lights, alarms, but dogs are the best defense for protection.

next time you see the guy, just ask what he was doing.. no point in going crazy over it.

2. nutajunka

nutajunka

Could have just been a past owner, wanting some remember when pics. Who knows?

3. People who take the bus fall into 3 general categories.

1. The old.
    2. The mentally infirm.
    3. People who lost their license due to DUI.

You probably have a case #2 on your hands that digs old Falcons.

Bob

4. nali

nali

Or people prefering spending 30 minutes in a bus instead of paying 10 $ / hour to park the car ? :p
    I also take pictures of cool cars I see when I can . It seems this is becoming a dangerous hobby ....
    I wouldn t worry too much .

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

6. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

hahaha. Its where my mama lives. I like it here .

7. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

I hear ya VRF. Nobody listens at my house at all. At least you got the dog.

8. fbama73

fbama73

Just remember the old rule of thumb: Jacketed hollow point in warm weather, hardball when it's cold.

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep..and the funny thing is..he usually does what i tell him to do too.;)
    he sat very quietly and wanting so bad to go postal at the door, so bad that his inner core was trembling:D

he aint no huge pitbull..but he sure sounds menacing:cool:

we also watch dogs as my wifes sideline..we get some pretty big dogs over..Labs, Boxers, shepards. etc..

10. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

it is probably nothing to worry about, i've had people ask to take pics of mine in parking lots in town. they just like older cars. I live out in the country so not many snooping around here. The worse case. an old man down the road from me had about 25 parked all around his house. a guy took pics of them then the county made him haul off most.

11. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they are not really after you!

12. dmw56

dmw56

Yup, paranoid! It's a 4 door Falcon let them have it.

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i block my wife's car in with my car, then let the air bags down. my driveway is steep and with the bags down it won't make it out. i'm still paranoid though. this thread reminds me that one of my bulbs burned out in my motion lights. time to go to the home depot..

14. HRod 50

HRod 50

:D too funny...

15. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

Maybe if you cover the CAR with a tin-foil hat....................;)

16. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Had a very similar situation about this time a year ago. A guy standing in the middle of the street looking at my '71 4x4 cheby truck. I walked out pretending to get my mail, and he asks if this is my truck. Turns out he and his wife were here vacationing from Belgium! He had only seen old cars like ours on TV, never the real thing. So I showed him the '71, then out back to the '58 International snowplow. He had never even heard of International before. I then showed him the '29 sports coupe, and he was dancing a jig. I saved the best for last and took him into the garage to see my '40 coupe. I pulled it out so he could get pictures, and told him "hop in!" Took him for a tour around town, and his wife told me that would be the high light of his vacation.

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    now that's cool.

18. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Don't think the country is any safer. I live in the boonies and my house sits all by itself but it didn't stop them from stealing my 2004 Chevy truck! The got lucky and found the spare key rack when they broke into my shop! :mad: The redneck kids can be just as bad as the city rats! Hell, we have a big dog, lots of lights, and have been know to drop a few hundred rounds of ammo in an afternoon and it still didn't make a difference. Get insurance and don't sweat it!

19. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Yep, that would be my response too,, take a deep breath, have a drink, take a toke, whatever,, buy a country security guard,, ie: a DOG. :D

20. My neighbors house got broken into last week.....Directly across the street from where the car was parked....Coincidence?

21. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Sounds like he wasn't taking pictures of your car ,But of the house across the street ,I would get an alarm system that makes alot of noise .He was scoping

22. When I was a kid , always had my old Kodak Brownie talking pictures of cool cars. Moving on the street , parked whatever. Pull the coil wire, no start good luck pusking. I wouldn't get to worried about it. I bet is was cool to him , and snapped a few shots. Hell waiting for the bus is a bummer ! It's good that you have people keeping and eye out for you.

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I take photos of cars all the time. Most times I ask the home owner first.

24. sololobo

sololobo

Folks are taking pix of my ol pick-up at the gas station, grocery store, work, anyplace it sits for a while. It is my numero-uno ride. But whatever rings ther bell. I did have an invasion of the interior recently when parked at my house, so now I lock it at nite. Must have been pretty specific theif as they left my buffer alone which was in the cab in a duffle bag of detailing supplies. Most folks couldn't start the ol girl let alone find reverse in the ol granny 4-spd tranny! Should I be worried? NOT ~sololobo~