Register now to get rid of these ads!

Solvent Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Project Paladin, Dec 31, 2012.

1. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

All the big Farm stores have a good parts washer solvent. TSC,RURAL KING,BIG R ect. Works real good and I don't remember it being all that expensive. My old shop did not have heat when I was away so I was afraid of the water based cleaners freezing.

2. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure if this is common practice or not, but in my parts washer, the reservoir is about half filled with water. The solvent floats on top so it doesn't take near as much. The pickup tube is near the top and the solids settle to the bottom just like normal, but when it's time to clean it, you're just dumping water instead of solvent.

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I use a ZEP product called Formula 50. you can only buy it comercially. I simply registered with a ZEP dealer. You can buy it for $13 a gallon and each gallon can be cut to what ever you want it. 35 to 1 ect. I use 25 to 1 for engine degreasing and white walls. I cut it 50 50 for parts washer. Its the very best I have ever found, and most guys use it after they see how good it works.

I learned about it cuz limo companies use it on the cars. Its biodegrade able as well.