Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(***SOLD***) Unique S/W Crescent Needle speedometer

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Aug 24, 2019.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $125
    Black faced Stewart-Warner crescent needle speedometers from the 1930's are rare birds, only appearing in isolated models like the 1932 Auburns & Hupmobiles. I had a good 80 mph speedometer from a 1930's rear mount speedometer, but the face & glass were bad & it had a straight needle. I also had a beautiful (but different) donor face, with the identical 80 mph sweep as the original. So, I robbed a crescent needle from a trashed late 1930's Ford speedo, shortened it & assembled all of the old parts into what you see here. The curved glass is new, since the original was scratched pretty badly. The unit fits into 3-1/2" hole, which was a standard opening in the 1930's Stewart-Warner gauge panels. I also installed new side light windows with the correct color material. The gauge case has an integral bracket to hold a light for the gauge's illumination. This speedometer would match other S/W crescent needle gauges, period & style wise, for a fraction of what you'd pay for a similar original (if you could find one). It works great, by the way. The third picture is how the gauge would look in a period panel, along side some original crescent needle rear mount gauges. H.A.M.B priced at $125 & only offered here. (Note: If you want to flip this on Ebay or Instagram, I have no problem with that. However, I'd like $150 for it if that would be the case.)

The price is plus shipping, which would be $13 to the lower 48. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work, as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.

IMG_3353.jpg IMG_3352.jpg IMG_3354.jpg

deluxester, Speed~On and big duece like this.