Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SOLD the newer Buick wagon , now looking for a new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 28, 2019.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Anymore prospects anyone?

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  2. I may have to go look at that 67 Mopar wagon this weekend.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. I like Old Wolf's '55 Ford, lots of guys on the '52-'59 Ford Forum have either a '55 or '56.

6. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Happy (belated) Birthday,Bruce! Did you get the running hot condition squared away?

7. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

8. jim snow

jim snow

Best of luck on your quest Bruce. Snowman

9. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Oh yeah, I was gonna try and remember the Birthday yesterday:oops: I did at least give you a bump then;)
    Hey, thats a pretty decent lookin old ford if it wasnt so far away.
    4200 sounds cheap for what it looks to be, That site says its Internets most popular old car site but I never heard of it,o_O not that, that means anything:D
    upload_2019-8-1_18-50-58.jpeg

11. Today I went and hooked up a temporary gas tank suspended from the hood. installed a battery and filed the points. and it fired right up. I started it up on chain saw gas. it ran excellent. Then I power washed it. I got it listed on the Facebook Marketplace. A guy is on his way to look at it. However nothing is sold until you have the cash and its loaded up and leaving. gravely 006.JPG

12. I did not sell the wagon. however I did sell a 351 Cleveland engine and FMX trans.

Bruce Fischer and saltflats like this.
  13. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I have nothing to add, except to wish Bruce a Happy Belated Birthday :)

Bruce Fischer and saltflats like this.
  14. I found a 1961 Buick station wagon 4 hours away.I have to see if the guy will come down a little in price before I travel that far.Bruce.

15. 51 bird, Yes I did thanks. Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and chevy57dude like this.
  16. Belatedly, happy b day.
    Another 365 on this side of the dirt is always a good thing!

rod1, Bruce Fischer and 61Cruiser like this.
  17. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

What was the cause?

18. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

My son has a 64 nova wagon project car,,,pretty good shape not a rust bucket,,located Texas,prob in your price range

19. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce,
    This one is in Missouri, closer than SoCal and its in your price range. I thought it had possibilities until I saw the roof. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/d/rancho-cucamonga-1960-chevrolet-nomad/6947508813.html
    1960 CHEVROLET NOMAD STATION WAGON - $2800
    1960 CHEVROLET NOMAD STATION WAGON, NO TITLE, THE VIN AND TRIM TAGS ARE ON THE CAR, SOLID FRAME, RUSTY FLOOR PANS, 283 POWERGLIDE, DOES NOT RUN, $2,800.00 CASH
    MARK, THIS ITEM IS LOCATED IN SPRINGFIELD MO 65803

[​IMG]

20. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

That roof looks like it was turned into the hood of Cody's 59 wagon!
    Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. 51 BIRD, wrong radiator cap, timing off and need hi test gas.Bruce.

22. Happy Birthday Bruce. My good friend, and HAMB'er {oh henry} on here, is selling his 57 Chevy wagon.It would make you a great Birthday present. lol I'm not sure what he's needing for it. But it could be a good investment, plus maybe a daily driver too? You could send him a P.M.? I do know of some cool 50's wagons, that are very cheap. But they do need a lot of work. It's gonna be a challenge to find a driver in your price range. If you don't have the time to invest in finding the parts, or if you don't do a 100 percent of the work. You would proabaly save money on a finished car. {just me saying?} But hay Bruce, we won't stop looking. Your wagon is out there somewhere. So if you have the patience and wait, we'll find it. The FUN is in the HUNT! ;) Ron.... 20170613_100921.jpg 20170613_100826.jpg 20170613_101018.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  23. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

You're Welcome

24. Cool wagon, Ron. I like how he removed the rear bumper guards.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  25. Budget36

Budget36

Bruce, I'm sure someone has said this before...but if you're getting up on age like a few around here, consider the "no-rust" projects first. Old Wolf seems like a straight shooter, he'd tell you what you need...and it runs to boot.

Putting in a new engine, ect is the easy part...spending your life on patch panels, etc, is a long and dirty process.

In my younger days it was fun, now it's work...work that I don't get paid for.

Complete and minimal cancer should be your top priority to get the least amount of headache in your future.

Good luck!

26. Ron Funkhouser and Bruce Fischer like this.
  27. flatford39

flatford39

28. I am still looking for that right station wagon.Bruce.

29. sunbeam

sunbeam

30. Skip Perrine

Skip Perrine

Bruce, first thanks for letting me join HAMBS! I am a huge wagon fan, I used to have a 77 Vega GT wagon, Silver metallic with red/houndstooth interior and a small block V8. She was a sweet ride. I had some murals on the side windows to make it look like a sedan delivery, and being a born again Christian man they said "JESUS IS LORD" and on the back it said "GLORYLAND EXPRESS". And now I am a preacher! I am currently living in a nursing home because I was thrown out of the house I was living in because the people who I used to live with told the hospital that they couldn't take care of me anymore and that I would have to find a new place to live. Suddenly I was homeless and had it not been for Medicare and Medicaid I would be on the street, but Praise God He does take care of His Own. I now have a collection of diecast cars and plastic models, but my love of cars will go with me to heaven!