Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SOLD the newer Buick wagon , now looking for a new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 28, 2019.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

All I see is the engine, somebody must have bitched if he posted a car pic.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

nobody bitched. he posted a 1969 plymouth and I saw it and deleted it. please don't post off topic stuff on purpose. it is hard enough keeping this place on topic.

3. Sorry Moriarity, I just cant seem to find any thing under 1964 that I can afford any more more.Bruce.

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I understand Moriarity and appreciate what you do.
    I did see it, It looks great and Bruce shouldnt have too much trouble winding up with a pre 65 wagon out of it if thats what he still wants to do, I like it!

Stogy, Bruce Fischer and enloe like this.
  5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

eBay motors discussion board has photos. All I can say is Beep! Beep!

6. L.B. is right.I want to finish it up drive it a couple of months to make sure it is safe to drive ,then sell it and add to the station wagon fund. Bruce.

7. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Bruce, That's not a 383 in the car, if it was the dizzy would be in the front, so I believe you have a small block in there. I am not sure what size.
    Tony

8. Bruce there's a 64 Comet wagon on Baltimore craigslist....asking $7000....but looks very nice....looks like you could drive it back. Can't post the link from my tablet.

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  9. Correct, a small block, most certainly not a 383

10. Stogy, Hnstray, winduptoy and 3 others like this.
  11. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce, I know you're busy with the O/T car you bought to flip to get more funds for a HAMB friendly wagon. That said this one is just at the top end of your initial budget IIRC. Its a bit far but it looks pretty solid and it meets the big and ugly criteria IMO.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/murrieta-1965-plymouth-fury-iii-wagon/6968986980.html
    1965 Plymouth Fury III Wagon 383ci - $5000 (Murrieta)
    1965 Plymouth Fury III Station Wagon for sale!
    Only reason for selling is I have eyes on another project.
    383ci Mopar Big Block with 727 torqueflite auto 3 speed trans and 8 3/4 rear end.
    Engine has Edelbrock aluminum intake with 750cfm 4bbl Street Demon Carb.
    Also upgraded to electronic ignition!
    Has 3 row Champion aluminum radiator
    Has high flow water pump
    New tires all around
    Has drum brakes all around
    New wheel cylinders
    Fuel tank repaired and coated to prevent rust.
    New fuel sending unit
    All original glass
    Rear electric window works with switch and key!
    AM radio works
    Wipers work
    Clean title in my name!Tags up to date!
    Wagon runs very well! It’s a driver that gets driven! Great highway cruiser. You can drive this away! Make me an offer!!! Worst I can say is “no”. Motivated seller
    00d0d_7wp0yXBCtcz_600x450.jpg

12. Oh snap... how about a later 360? I just told y'all what I know about Mopar engines, I actually had a '67 Fury with a 318, distributor in back.

13. Yup all the small blocks had the distributor in the back, there was a 361 big block but all of the big blocks have the distributor at the front passenger side of the engine, if the seller told Bruce it had a 383 he either lied or had no clue. It is an La engine not a poly, could be 273,318 or 360

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. sunbeam

sunbeam

If it came in the car it would be a 318 or 340.

15. Nope would not be a 340 in that car

That being said the car is not 100% original so someone could have installed a 340, and ma mopar is known for building stuff that didn’t exist

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Bruce Fischer and low down A like this.
  16. I think its a 318 my self.The new ignition switch came in yesterday.I am going to try and put it in before I go to work today.Bruce.

chryslerfan55, jim snow and enloe like this.
  17. sunbeam

sunbeam

the 360 didn't show up until 71 A 318 is the only small block orginal offered.

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. The new ignition switch worked great but when I tried to put it back thru the dash the bezel that holds it in place was too big.I am going to see what I have to hold it in place. Before I go to work I am going to pull all 4 wheels and see what kind of brake work it needs from sitting. Bruce.

enloe likes this.
  19. Is it drums all around? Those are 10" IIRC, at least through '67 they were on the Fury. They stopped quite well.

Bruce Fischer and enloe like this.
  20. gene-koning

gene-koning

Bruce, if the switch fits in the hole, you may have to use the old bezel nut. Some 69s had a chrome trim that went across the bottom of the dash, and the chrome used a special bezel nut.
    The brakes could be 9", 10" or 11", depending on which car it was, and what box the person that placed the original order checked.
    Some of us were not lucky enough to see the pictures of the car before the pictures were taken down, so we still don't know what model the 69 Plymouth might be. Gene

21. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. I had to return the switch the old bezel was too big.If any one know where I can get a ign.Switch Please let me know.Thanks,Bruce.

23. Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  24. Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  25. ken bogren

ken bogren

HRP;
    I kinda like that yellow & white 56 Ford wagon you just posted. ... sigh ... I like so many cars but have so little time and money and skills.

26. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Bruce, you ought to jump on that yellow '56. That's sharp! If I didn't have so many projects, I'd take it home with me. Wonder if he'd trade for a '55 Pontiac?:rolleyes:

27. Slopok

Slopok

He can't drive a stick with his bad ankle.

28. Easy enough to swap out. HRP

29. Sorry guys I haven't been on in a while .I have gone back to working 40 hours at this auto parts store and they have me mixing paint like crazy. I finally got to drive the Plymouth to work after the shop put on the glass packs and new tail pipes.Boy does it sound sweet. Took it to work Monday and she ran like a scaled dog, But I am getting a scrapping noise from the rear. Almost sounds like brakes {I checked them but will check them again, }also might be an axel bearing. I thing I will keep this one through the winter and look for a old station wagon when it warms up. Only thing wrong is all the cables that work the heater, air vents, defroster ect. are all frozen up.I cant oil them because they have a plastic coating on them. If any one know where I can get a set of controls please let me know I will post a picture of what I need tonight. You all have a good one Bruce.

30. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the update. Keep warm this winter and hope for an early spring.

lothiandon1940 and Bruce Fischer like this.