Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD: Sorry--1942 Lincoln 3 Window Coupe -Garage Find-Real 50's Mild Rod-Craigslist Rochester,NY-22k

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by jbond007, Mar 17, 2021.

1. jbond007

jbond007

City: Rochester

State: New York
    Price: 22,000 US
    SOLD THANKS-; Craigslist-Rochester, NY-3-17-21---A – 1942 Lincoln Zephyr “3” Window Coupe – With what seems to be factory installed 1946 Nose -
    Original Vintage Patina – VERY VERY RARE- aprox # “239” of Only “273” : Due to wwII-Last of the 3 window's This is The Real Deal Mild 50’s-60’s Mild “Hot Rod Lincoln”
    Testing the Waters here In our region first --wouldn't mind seeing it go to someone regionally I can see it again?
    Price $ 22,000. Mileage: 999999 (unknown true) Model: Zephyr –“3” Window Coupe
    Transmission; Manual (Ford 3 on Floor) Interior Color: Blue/Black
    Fuel Type: Gasoline Exterior Color: Dk Blue
    Vehicle Title: Clean Make: Lincoln
    Body Type: Coupe (3 Window) Number of Cylinders: V8 – 1951 Cadillac- 331 CI--lower mileage possibly
    Car Will need the minimum to drive; working lights and brakes system gone through, SS Fuel tank Installed or Old One Cleaned Out. I now have after a year of searching; almost 2 of all trim parts exterior- and all interior except –rear juke board and both kick panels, headliner, also no jack –tire iron. 1 vg spare rim now, all wheels-trim rings and hub caps are correct. No original engine / Trans. Rear end seems original.
    Body seems all steel original UN CUT, there is surface rust underneath , a few bumps and bruises here and there, no real major body issues, 2nd paint many yrs. ago, a few holes; inner front & rear fenders, and a quarter to1/2 dollar size hole behind each front lower fender on rocker,
    floors- front ½ were fixed yrs. ago (nothing great) maybe due to pedals and firewall was somewhat cut out-then-welded in-for engine transplant- engine adapter mounts and trans-adapt kit caddy to early ford top loader 39-40’s type, and mounts welded in to Frame, is still pretty solid overall and rest of panels – floors – trunk, doors, trunk, hood.
    Engine top end was opened up to clean and flushed out-changed 3x already- not allot of real wear seen, original intake and carb present, a1955 Eldorado Tri Power Intake w/ Almost new Stromberg 97’s–Holley’s, vintage rebuilt dual point distributor installed– Intake powder coated & valve covers, new gaskets and valley pan-full new tune up parts. New fuel pump, thermostat, fluids etc. There are typical old car engine/ trans. drips/ leaks.
    Car was in storage off road since early 70’s-With New Jersey orig. Title, then went to Ohio Barn to here, 11-2019. Restore to original or Make a simple real barn/ garage find driver with a little more work.
    Included in sale: boxes of all missing parts I gathered, almost 2 now of everything, vg steering wheel/trim, speedo, clock, lights, trim, hub caps, fog lights, bumper guards, and so on, new XL universal street wiring harness, original for templates (tuck n roll door panels), no headliner, kick panels, juke board, also4 NOS J78 15 TWO STRIPE WHITE WALL PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE TIRES May take a little off for good Dbl Barrel Shot Gn and or Good Rfle. And/Or Consider partial trade; Good UTV 4X4.
    I don’t have the proper place/ space now to really work and play (sold home) - And 3 back surgeries later makes it hard. If I had a proper place I would think about stripping down and restoring as they fetch 75+ K and up ….
    A real chance for a car lover like me. Priced as fairly as I can for an average person. Suggest an Enclosed trailer to move –no brakes. All extra parts will possibly fit into car. I have a few private car mover’s phones to possibly help move if needed. Inquiries will be replied to in “Order”. No Tire Kickers/Dreamers Please. It ran ok when came off trailer went right into all gears smooth pulled in 1 yr ago-can’t get it re-fired – running – tri power unit may be the reason ?NO KNOCKS – NOISES! NOT A SMOKER MOTOR…I am going to try again so all can hear it’s a good engine. No Brakes Working Yet..Price reflects this.
    Reply Here or There -I will respond -- I will get back to you.
    1942- lincoln driving up into garage fall 2019. (2).jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021