Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sold! S10 T5 WORLD CLASS BORG WARNER MANUAL TRANSMISSION S-10 T-5

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by brsturges, Apr 17, 2019.

1. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

City: Coral Gables

State: Florida
    Price: $350
    Sold!!

Up for sale is a very nice S10 T5 World Class transmission with the desirable 3.76 ratio first gear. This combination is very hard to find and the most desirable for an early Ford Hot Rod. This is the World Class version with the better synchros and bearings. This transmission bench shifts nice and smoothly and feels good in all gears. I have not disassembled it though, so I cannot guarantee the internal condition.

As most of you know, the S10 trans is perfect for a hot rod since it has the shifter close to the bellhousing and works well with a bench seat. This S10 tranny has the more desirable gear ratios as opposed to the granny gears many have. The ratios are as follows:

1st: 3.78
    2nd: 2.18
    3rd: 1.42
    4th: 1.00
    5th: .72

The gear ratios on this transmission make it perfect for a hot rod, and the T5s are very light and compact so they fit in most applications. It bolts right up to a small block chevy with the standard chevy bellhousing. May need a little trim of the input shaft depending on the application. Perfect for a Flathead Ford. These T5s are becoming harder to find, and chances are if you find one it won’t have these gear ratios and/or won’t be a World Class unit. I will ship on buyer's dime, which will run about $150. I have rebuilt a few of these for some HAMBers for an additional fee, and I’d be willing to do that on this one if you are interested. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019