Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Sold!! S10 T5 Borg Warner Manual Transmission Like New!

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by brsturges, Nov 22, 2018.

1. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

City: Coral Gables

State: Florida
    Price: $600
    Sold!!

Up for sale is a beautiful S10 T5 transmission that has been fully disassembled, bead blasted, inspected, and meticulously reassembled. This unit had been rebuilt shortly before I bought it (according to the previous seller). I knew he was clearly telling the truth once I disassembled the tranny and inspected it. See the pictures. I took a bunch during the rebuild process. Bearings are great. Synchros are solid. This transmission needs nothing. Put it in and go.

The case cleaned up amazingly nice in the bead blaster. Not many people will see the trans when it’s in your vehicle, but it’s nice to know that this tranny is super clean. It looks painted but it is not. That is pure aluminum.

As most of you know, the S10 trans is perfect for a hot rod since it has the shifter close to the bellhousing and works well with a bench seat. This S10 tranny has the more desirable gear ratios as opposed to the granny gears many have. It came out of a 1991 S10 with s V6 engine. The ratios are as follows:

1st: 3.78
    2nd: 2.18
    3rd: 1.42
    4th: 1.00
    5th: .72

The gear ratios on this transmission make it perfect for a hot rod, and the T5s are very light and compact so they fit in most applications. It bolts right up to a small block chevy with the standard chevy bellhousing. May need a little trim of the input shaft depending on the application. Perfect for a Flathead Ford. These T5s are becoming harder to find, and you won’t find another in this condition. I will ship on buyer's dime, which will run about $150. I’ll have this at Turkey Rod Run Friday if you want to check it out. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018