Register now to get rid of these ads!

(***SOLD***) S/W 90 MPH "Survey" Speedometer

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Feb 9, 2018.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $150
    Here is a Stewart-Warner 90 mph "Survey" speedometer. It's just a regular speedometer, but has the special ability to measure fine distances (like 1/100th of a mile). This one features a crescent needle & curved glass. It is in excellent condition. If it didn't have mileage on the odometer, you'd swear it was N.O.S. Depending on your needs & mounting ingenuity, it could probably be mounted from either the front or rear into an approximate 4-1/2" hole. The needle responds nicely when spun with a drill motor. These speedos are becoming increasing popular with the young hot-rod hep cats, because they go so well the with 2-5/8" crescent needle gauges. In fact, there were very few speedometers made by S/W with the crescent needle, which makes this guy unique . Included is a mounting bracket. I'm not sure how it was intended to work, so some H.A.M.B inventiveness will be in order...child's play. I seen a number of these things over the years & this is the first bracket I've seen. This one does have a "L3" date code, which would be March of 1943 or 1967. I know that they did still offer these in the 1960's, but I'm not sure how late. I have included a pic of the page pertaining to it out of my 1957 S/W catalog that tells you everything you need to know (aside from how the bracket works). The epitome of gauge elegance & H.A.M.B priced at $150.

The price is plus shipping...let's say $10 to the lower 48. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work, as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.
    IMG_3269.JPG IMG_3271.JPG IMG_3272.JPG IMG_3270.JPG
    IMG_3278.JPG