Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Sold! Rare T5 S10 World Class Borg Warner 5 Speed Transmission with Chevy Bellhousing Pattern

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by brsturges, Feb 19, 2020.

1. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

City: CORAL GABLES

State: Florida
    Price: $400
    Sold!!

Up for sale is a very rare and hard to find S10 T5 transmission. This one is a World Class version, which has the better composite synchro rings and the full roller bearings on all gears. What makes this one so unique is that it has the chevy bellhousing bolt pattern as opposed to the more commonly found World Class S10 T5s with the "Ford" bellhousing pattern. These are only found in in some 1993 S10s (they changed to the "Ford" pattern mid-year I am told).

This transmission has the desirable 3.78 ratio first gear. This gear ratio is far better than the more common 4.03 granny gear S10 T5, and is perfect for an early Ford Hot Rod. This transmission bench shifts nice and feels good in all gears. Endplay feels good. I have not disassembled it though, so I cannot guarantee the internal condition. It does look like it has been apart before. I got it from a guy parting out a 1993 S10. He claimed it was a running truck but didn't seem to know much history about the truck.

As most of you know, the S10 trans is perfect for a hot rod since it has the shifter close to the bellhousing and works well with a bench seat. This S10 tranny has following ratios that I verified by putting it in gear and turning it on the bench.

1st: 3.78
    2nd: 2.18
    3rd: 1.42
    4th: 1.00
    5th: .72

The T5s are very light and compact so they fit in most applications. It bolts right up to a small block chevy with the standard chevy bellhousing. May need a little trim of the input shaft depending on the application. Perfect for a Flathead Ford. These T5s are becoming harder to find. I will ship on buyer's dime, which will run about $150.

I also can fully rebuild this for an additional fee, which I have done for a few Hambers in the past. I’ve included some pictures of a fully rebuilt and bead blasted one as an example. This listing is for the nice and dirty one :) Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020