Register now to get rid of these ads!

sold a body 9months ago, got paid in full, still have it....what now?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I dig this plan! :D

2. You must have the patience of Job

3. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

You can wait 9 months or send the bill of sale just make the dollar amount real high.

4. wvenfield

wvenfield

Great......I was concerned that I'd have to wait weeks for this post to get updated to "10 months ago......"

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

This is why i hate selling stuff
    and probably why somany sellers are tired of the "deals" and people..
    no wonder some guys have a shed full of stuff , and dont want to deal with selling it.....they have probably delt with this type of deal way too many times.

6. ^^ Exactly^^ I too was jerked around twice by a guy who didn't come for a body he wanted. Third time I told him it wasn't available anymore... to him. I don't take deposits for this reason. Another guy came over the weekend saw it and came back 12 hrs later for it.

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Man,
    don't even get me started on people leaving stuff on you for months even years on end......after 30 days unless prior arangments were worked out in the deal I start charging storage....And my storage rates are not cheap So it does not take long for storage to eat up the item......I know how you feel All too well!!

8. Soreback

Soreback

I sold 2, 46 ford bodies to a guy on the cheap. He let them set in my way for 14 months. Him and the guy he sold them to came over to pick them up. FINALLY! I could have sold them for more dough I just wanted them gone. Then the dude re-sells them and I don't get shit for storage. Just an ear full from my wife. Next time cash and carry!

9. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

I'm glad the whole thing is finished for you Hilbilly, I have a similar deal with a redone frame from my 55 Dodge truck, the dude sent me the money in June, I was a "nice guy" and told him I could hang on to it for , and I quote myself " a couple of months" to me meaning like August, well, I emailed him in September and he notes that he was planning on coming "late fall" to p/u. I asked him to confirm "late fall", that was last month, no report on the trailer he was planning to arrange to p/u.........

I think I am planning on charging outside storage after I advise him this week. Jesus, people will wlak all over you for being a stand up guy.

or i may resell locally and send him the $

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow. what a d-bag.

i am such a dick when it comes to people being late. several times i've had people call me at 9:45, when they SAID they would be there between 8:30 and 9:00 and tell me "we're leaving right now, be there in 45 minutes" or something similar.

i tell them all the same thing. "nope"

sorry, but if you're going to jerk me around that much before you even see the car, i don't even want to meet with you to show it. probably a waste of time anyway.

11. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Screw that! Notaries usually charge a few bucks, plus your time to find a notary and take it to them to notarize it. That's another expense he's not going to cover

12. lewislynn

lewislynn

Why does it have to be notorized?
    Just wait 9 months and then send it registered mail.