Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD - '63 Buick LeSabre 2 Door Sport Coupe - Arizona

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by M1Lover, May 22, 2017.

1. M1Lover

M1Lover

City: Cottonwood

State: Arizona
    Price: 13,500 OBO
    SOLD.

PLEASE scroll down and read all posts in this thread.

No time for a project? Get in this Buick and DRIVE. I am the 4th owner!
    Sad to part with this '63 two door hardtop Buick LeSabre. This is a super reliable cruiser that took us safely and comfortably on the whole length of Route 66 from Chicago to LA in 2014, without a single hiccup. Its got some real nice touches to make it unique and enjoyable including some sweet custom pin striping by the master Ron Myers, applied at the Stray Kat 500 en route to Arizona in 2014. I've added some improvements for driving comfort and safety, but its mostly stock, without body modifications. It is a numbers matching car, with 92,000 original miles on the chassis and appx. 35,000 on the total professional rebuild of the venerable 401 Nailhead engine. Triple SunPro gauges - Oil, water and volts, though all of the idiot lights work. Repainted the original color scheme, and has Buick Wildcat bucket seats and console with Buick Factory tachometer (it works). Interior is XLNT. Back up lights work, Speed-Minder works, all interior lights work, needs a heater core, original one finally died. I've installed power disk brakes (Booster Dewey /Scarebird) on the front, new springs (with a single coil removed to lower the stance slightly), new rear brakes, upper and lower ball joints and new shocks all around. The car has power steering, dual exhaust, excellent factory green-tinted glass and xlnt chrome. Its had a Buick factory 4 barrel manifold installed with Edelbrock 4 barrel carb and an Edelbrock electronic ignition module in the distributor. Brand new Harrison ($400) radiator, hoses, belts, FlowKooler water pump and NAPA thermostat, shroud and 5 blade clutch fan so runs COOL in the summer even driving up long pulls in the mountains. As stated, super reliable and runs great. Uses zero oil. Buick Road Wheels and excellent whitewall radials installed, brand new radial spare in the trunk. Original jack and lug wrench. I've got the original factory owners manual and the pair of big, thick Buick service manuals for it.
    Just under 28,000 2 door sport coupes were built in 1963, making this a fairly scarce car, and a pretty damned nice two-door hardtop for the $$. Firewall tag info:

01A
    Style 63-4447 FB 2622 Body
    Trim 432 SC1 * Paint
    Acc. A6 F4 I6 P1

01A = body built January (01) 1963, first week (A)
    4447 = Fisher body style number
    4 = Buick
    4 = LeSabre
    47 = two-door hardtop

FB = body built at Flint, MI plant
    2622 = 2262nd 4447 built at Flint
    Trim 432 = Sandalwood cloth and vinyl, available on styles 4439, 4447
    SC1 = two-tone Bronze Mist lower (S) and Arctic White roof (C) with optional Regal Black Wheels (1)

Accessory option codes:
    A6 = automatic transmission
    F4 = Safety group (back up lights, glare proof mirror, parking brake signal light, safety buzzer (speed-minder) and trip odometer, courtesy lights)
    I6 = Soft-Ray tinted glass
    P1 = Custom bright exterior moldings

The car is garage-kept in Cottonwood Arizona between Sedona and Prescott. Fly into PHX and drive it home no problem. I'll pick you up at the airport. Holler with any questions.
    Hunter (928) 821-6715

IMG_4139.jpg Rt66 Oatman Buick.jpg 10869831_405159786315542_8140196454637933219_o.jpg Buick in Holbrook.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. M1Lover

M1Lover

BTT with lower price for HAMB'ers and interior and engine pic's added.

3. M1Lover

M1Lover

Bump with firewall plate info decode.

4. M1Lover

M1Lover

Got contacted over on the V8Buick page by the gent who built this car! Very cool to get lineage info!
    Post Number 1:
    Can I ask where the car came from?
    It looks identical to the one I built 8-9 years ago. The car originally came with a bench seat, and when I had interior redone, I had the wildcat buckets upholstered to match so as to have the option of how to set it up. The buckets won. The inserts for the seats, I ordered special for the car and the upholsterer installed it for me.
    I also did a full rebuild on the 401 [top] to bottom and added the 4 barrel intake with the edlebrock carb.
    I bought the car from an elderly couple in Ames Iowa and it was all original and rust free. It needed some paint work due to a spot on the hood where something had dripped on it and left a spot.
    Great car that is solid and drove well.

Post Number 2:
    I can confirm, the engine was new, top to bottom, I don't do half assed when it comes to engine rebuilds on these cars, and it really ran great. The shop I use for engine rebuilds has built 5-6 nailheads for me and know what they are doing. That rebuild was well over $4000 back then. It also has 35k more miles and 8-9 years on it than when I had it, so I can't confirm how it was taken care of, or what was or has been done to it. I know Matt drove it quite a bit and did like the car
    The radiator shroud was standard for the non AC version , hence the tiny top over the fan shroud
    All the receipts went to PO when he bought it.
    I had seen it at the dealer in WI, and had called and was in the process of getting a car ready for the trip up to trade for the 63, when they called to say it was sold. :-(
    Who ever buys the car really is getting a solid nice old 63 that was a pleasure to drive. I am glad you have enjoyed it.

That makes me the 4th owner in 54 years. You're next. Reasonable offers considered.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    flyin-t and bobwop like this.

5. M1Lover

M1Lover

Still for sale. Helluva nice 2 door hardtop cruiser.

6. M1Lover

M1Lover

Looking for a good home. All this great old iron has filled my garage to the limit!

7. M1Lover

M1Lover

Still available.

8. M1Lover

M1Lover

Giveaway price!

9. M1Lover

M1Lover

SOLD pending payment.